Forum Discussion

markham316
Seasoned Newcomer
7 hours ago

Game Crashing

Since the last couple of updates my Sims 4 game crashes whenever I try to enter CAS or try to travel. It's getting incredibly frustrating. 

I deleted all mods and CC. I deleted all save files and tray files. I delete all cache files. I repaired my game. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and started completely fresh and it still crashes when I try to enter CAS or try to travel. It makes my game unplayable unless I don't want to edit my sims or I just want to sit at my sim's house...which I don't! 

Since I deleted all extra content I'm assuming it's an EA problem...or am I missing something? Is there something else I need to do? Anything else I can try? I'd like to play my game!

Thank you!

• markham316  A dxdiag is always appreciated for a crashing issue.  For yours, the type of Sims 4 crash listed is commonly associated with ReShade or GShade, so if you use one of these, please remove it and repair the game again.

If that doesn't help, please remove any Razer apps you currently have installed, another frequent source of this type of crash.  It may be enough to reinstall them, but for now, test without them present.

If that doesn't help either, please try playing in a clean boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-2f8a-a97a1807f3dd

The one service to leave enabled is the EABackgroundService, which the EA App needs in order to run.  Disable the rest as described.

When you reboot your computer, go through the Task Manager's background processes list shutting down any service that doesn't absolutely need to be running, for example anything from MSI Afterburner to RGB software might still be enabled.  If you accidentally kill a critical process and it doesn't restart on its own, just reboot your computer again.

Don't open anything other than Sims 4 and the EA App while testing, not even a browser window.

markham316
      Seasoned Newcomer

I appreciate the response! I do use Gshade and didn't even think about that causing an issue. I will try the options you've given and hopefully it will be fixed. Thank you! 

markham316
    Seasoned Newcomer

After reading a couple of other forums I saw someone saying get this...and I did but I have no idea what it means. Posting in case it could be helpful.