Forum Discussion

Kariata1
New Novice
7 days ago

They disappeared after installing my game on my new PC. I have no way to bring it back. I would appreciate if there was a way to have them back. 

• Kariata1  Yes, unfortunately, with the caveat that it's possible that EA will realize what a bad idea it was to store the data this way and relent at some point in the future.  The next batch of login rewards will be tied to the account.

• Kariata1  The login rewards were previously stored in UserSetting.ini and are now stored in a new file called accountDataDB.package.  If you have your copy of UserSetting.ini from the old computer, transfer it to the new one, put it in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4, and the game should move the data to accountDataDB.package for you.  Make sure to back up this file going forward.

If you actually updated the game on the old computer, just transfer accountDataDB.package.

Kariata1
      New Novice

If I don't have old data that mean I lost it forever? :( 

• Kariata1  Yes, unfortunately, with the caveat that it's possible that EA will realize what a bad idea it was to store the data this way and relent at some point in the future.  The next batch of login rewards will be tied to the account.