Forum Discussion

sydneycosby
Newcomer
13 hours ago

Sims 4 crashes when traveling to any lot

I am playing Sims 4 on the Steam Deck, so launching via Steam in desktop mode or Console Mode. It is a steam deck OLED 512gb with all original specs (not moded). 

Building or CAS only is usually fine and only crashes occasionally, which I would consider to be in the normal range for Sims 4. However, I have recently gotten more into gameplay in Live mode, and it has been crashing every 20-30 minutes. This happens especially when accepting an invite to a different lot, travelling to the magic realm, going to any different lot really. realistically it occurs 1 out of every 2 times I travel to any lot. 

I have tried deleting my mods (UI Cheats and MC Command Center), playing in windowed mode, using Direct 9, none of which worked. 

Most advice I see is for Windows and since I am Linux, I do not know how to perform most of the solutions available. Also, not sure if it matters but the issue persists weather in game mode or PC mode. I also went ahead and included the last crash file if that helps at all, but the lastcrash file is not always generated upon crashing so this one is from a few days ago. 

Specs:

APU

6 nm AMD APU
CPU: Zen 2 4c/8t, 2.4-3.5GHz (up to 448 GFlops FP32)
GPU: 8 RDNA 2 CUs, 1.6GHz (1.6 TFlops FP32)
APU power: 4-15W

RAM

16 GB LPDDR5 on-board RAM (6400 MT/s quad 32-bit channels)

• sydneycosby  Did you test in both DirectX 9 and 11 modes in both console and desktop modes, as in, all four combinations?  I just want to make sure that none of these helped before moving on.

Additionally, does this happen in a new save, or only in an existing one?  Please test if you haven't already.  I'm not saying the problem is your save, only that this is a useful comparison.

Joelochi3
      Newcomer

I've not the slightest idea what you just said. Mine is doing the same thing. I can't travel or it crashes. I just tried a new save and that seems to help. Though when I tried to save the family to the gallery, it showed them there, then the new game couldn't find them.

• Joelochi3  Are you playing on a Steam Deck or a different type of system?  Is there any pattern to which lots cause a crash, for example can your sims travel to the neighbor's house but not the park or library or a different world?  Are these lots that already existed, or did you place them?

Please also let me know whether any of the problem lots are using lot traits or challenges.  You can go to Manage Worlds and load these lots in Build mode to find out.