Forum Discussion

brxwnchxld
Newcomer
4 hours ago

Sims 4 Game Crashing

Hi, I am needing major help with my sims 4 game on PC. My game keeps crashing after playing for about 5-10 minutes each time. I have taken steps necessary to try and fix the problem. I do play with mods and cc, so I removed all of them from my game and my game still crashed. I updated my drivers on PC as well as changing my in-game settings and graphics. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the EA app and sims 4 application and it still crashes. I removed any saves or tray files that might be a problem, and it still hasn't worked. I have been trying to solve this for the past 3 days any help would be grateful. I attached my DxDiag info if that would be helpful.

• brxwnchxld  Thanks for the dxdiag, which shows the Epic launcher is crashing a lot.  If you have it set to start with Windows (perhaps unintentionally, so please check), you may want to disable that so it's not running and crashing in the background.

Please also unplug any USB 3 devices you're using and restart your computer.  The Windows USB 3 driver is crashing, which is typically not serious at all but should be addressed.  Disconnecting any peripherals that use this driver and restarting is often sufficient.

For the Sims 4 issue itself, try updating your graphics driver.  You can get the newest version here:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/

Select GeForce, 20 series, 2080, Windows 10, and download the first driver listed.  Run the installer as an admin: right-click the download and select "Run as administrator."  Restart your computer after installing and before trying to play.

If that alone doesn't help, please uninstall Razer Cortex, then any other apps from Razer if you have them, and try again.

If that doesn't help either, please look for new errors in the Reliability Monitor.  Hit Windows key-R and enter "perfmon /rel" without quotes, and you'll see a chart of errors and updates with a column for each day.  Today is on the right.

Look for an error that happened at exactly the time of your most recent Sims 4 crash, specifically after doing the above.  If you find one, double-click it to see more details, then copy that info and paste it into a reply here.  If you don't see a new error, check back in an hour or so—the Reliability Monitor doesn't always update right away.