Forum Discussion

dmeme_queen
Seasoned Newcomer
9 days ago

Sims 4 Pc help

I've been having issues with my game crashing so I completely re-downloaded the ea app and the game and now it crashes as soon as the loading screen pops up, I have no mods or cc installed yet but I would love to play with my mods again. Any advice? 

• dmeme_queen  Please disable XMP and CPU Turbo Boost (or similar) in your computer's BIOS.  I can't tell you exactly where the latter setting is since I don't have an Asus motherboard BIOS to test with, but it should be somewhere under advanced settings.  XMP should be front and center.

If this helps, Asus has been rolling out BIOS updates to address stability issues on this platform.  So you can look for a newer BIOS on your board's support page.  If you're not sure how to find the info, please list your exact motherboard model and I'll find its page.  Your current BIOS version is 2503.

• dmeme_queen  As a test, please try playing in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, if it launches, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other user content will be intact in the folder you've moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just see whether you can get far enough to start a new save and play in live mode for a bit.

If you get another crash, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.  Hit Windows key-R, enter dxdiag in the run box, wait for the scan to finish, click "Save all information," and save the file to your desktop.  From there, you can attach it to a reply here using the camera (Insert Media) icon included with the other formatting options.