Forum Discussion

zita007
Newcomer
20 hours ago

Since I updated my sims I can`t access my cc and mods

Since the update today, I can`t use the CC and mods. Everytime I go to settings to allow mods and CC, it doesn`t save the new settings so it goes back to no CC and mods. What do I do?

• are you receiving error code 109:f967dc7f:2baa9289? i am having the same issue and cant load the household

• No what happens is, i go to settings and go from standard setting to specialized settings by checking that I allow CC and mods, then reset the game as that is required before using cc and mods, then when I get back into the game it has the standard settings again so I can`t use mods and cc

brendanmumma
      Newcomer

i dont have mods or cc and am playing on mac, was just curious if the error is originating from the same place

• Ah okayy. I haven`t gotten to the part where I actually play, so I don`t know if I`d have the same problem.

• If you read the update notes it says it updated to dx11 which does not allow you to use mods and im so upset by this! 

• zita007  This is typically related to antivirus settings.  Please see the first post of this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screenshots/td-p/9572695

brendanmumma  I split your other posts into their own thread in the Gameplay forum.  Please continue there:

Error Code 109:f967dc7f | EA Forums - 4967513

jl0ruyqkzh9p  You can use mods with DirectX 11.  It's just that some mods and custom content may not have been updated to be compatible with DX11.  You can switch back to DX9 in the game options if you don't want to lose access to this content, or you can try with DX11 and keep an eye out for any obvious issues with the content.