Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Smarter Sims, Have You Ever Seen One?

Not many of us can claim any of these Sims are very smart in any iteration. Yes, we wanted them to be able to take care of themselves a little better, but still yet, even in 2020 Sims do foolish things that makes no sense to a player.

I can say I saw one smart Sim in my games that I thought, wow, he is really smarter than my choices I had queued up.

Back in TS2 when the game was current, my Sim (actually premade Mr. Big by Maxis) was running a business and very, very busy. Everyone knows just how busy a shop can get once you are on a higher level of running that business, you will have a lot more customers. I had queued up for him to help out employees, and his energy was low but not any lower than hunger, fun, hygiene etc. I had queued for him to eat, fill fun (a fast boost by looking at a painting) and drink some coffee along with the other duties which in TS2 you could queue up eight things. This is the only time I saw the Sim rearrange my choices and put coffee first. Pretty smart. I watched as things got rearranged in what he thought he needed to do first. He did them all eventually but he drank the coffee first, which boosted hunger, boosted energy and he had enough enery to finish the other tasks. This was important by the way because Sims in TS2 die if three things get too low at once. Energy, hygiene and hunger. All those were very low but even levels with each other, so he drank the coffee. That's a smart Sim.

At no other time in the history of me playing all four games, have I seen something like that ever again. It's usually get off that pc, you need to go pee, or eat, and or take a shower, or do homework and or go to work and or call someone, and or go to bed. lol

Maxis may claim Sims get smarter with each iteration, but it's not smart to fix a meal then set it down and grab some left overs from the fridge. Nor for two Sims to start cooking when one is already fixing dinner, nor run out of the house to go speak to another Sim they don't know, when the house is full of family, nor keep painting when fun is full nor to keep watching TV when fun is full, nor to keep talking when social is full, nor to get up from the dinner table to go sit on a bed, and or take a plate to the upstairs bathroom, nor to set bowls out on the sidewalk, and or get into the wrong bed just because someone stayed over the night before, and suddenly your Sim doesn't remember which bed belongs to them even if guest is gone, nor to walk around a house and try to talk to a Sim from the outer wall, nor to take the longest route when there is a counter right there, etc. etc.

If you have a story that shows any of these Sims have been intutive enough to show they are smarter than a previous geneartion of Sims, then I would like to hear it. I only have the one example above in twenty years of watching Sims and hearing how smart the next generation is supposed to be, each and every time. lol See, I beg to differ, not needing to fill motives doesn't make a smarter Sim, just a watered down Sim.

About The Sims Franchise Discussion

Discuss The Sims Medieval, the original The Sims, and speculate on the future of the franchise, including Project Rene.1,005 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago