Forum Discussion

chertosha
Seasoned Newcomer
5 years ago

Another nail in the coffin from EA?

In the last couple days I heard from lots of people, just playing the game as usual, receiving these kinds of messages:

"We have reset your EA Account password. We know this is an inconvenience, and hope you recognize that we take the safety of your personal information seriously.

What happened?
After detecting potentially suspicious activity associated with your EA Account, we reset the password to protect your personal information. At this time, we do not think the suspicious activity is the result of unauthorized access to EA databases. We think the activity may be related to issues like phishing, using weak passwords, logging in from shared connections, or using the same password on multiple websites."

This happens repeatedly, for no consistent reason I could discern. One hypothesis is that people login the same account from different ip addresses and then this happens. But that is not always the case. Probably some ips or combinations of ips EA treats as more suspicious than others. Seems completely random to me.
Are we now supposed to always login from one IP to avoid this constantly reappearing?
How often are we supposed to change passwords now?
This is extremely inconvenient! By the way, lots of accounts are not even associated with any emails to start with and have never changed passwords. This shuts down the game for those accounts altogether.
Note that this password reset happens even for the same person logging in from two different places (work and home). Can I only play from one computer now?
Think about collaboration within alliance. Collaboration and backup within alliance requires sharing logins. Is this meaning people cannot share their logins anymore? How are people supposed to do pvp and fight back during attacks in the middle of the night?

This makes the game completely unplayable!

We demand that either this feature is removed, or an explanation is made about what this "protection" is supposed to protect against and how it works and whom it applies to, so that the community can adjust.

About Tiberium Alliances General Discussion

Talk with other players about what is going on in your Command and Conquer: Tiberium Alliances game.1,163 PostsLatest Activity: 10 days ago