Forum Discussion

4 years ago

First World Feedback - Tiberium 47

So I thought I'd post and see how it goes. I started playing the Game last year on Tiberium 47. This was my first venture into the world of online gaming. I've learned a lot in theat time, on the game, and on other people.

In Summary, didn't know what I was doing at first (who does), but it was enjoyable. Joined an Alliance, turned out the Alliance CiC was a newbie as well, and nothing really happened. Joined an Alliance that was ranked 8 on the world. It was Russian, I'm UK, but google translate they were a great bunch of players, learned a lot through the chat. Then came the first PVP war. The CiC left to play a new world, Alliance was wiped out, found a new Alliance. And so on. This cycle continued for 3 more Alliances.

In these PVP wars (great fun by the way), I learned they are usually started around various CiC's who know each other from previous worlds and still have a beef with each other, it's got personal between them. Also learned how many people have multiple accounts, apparently you need this to be sucessful.

Recently though, the whole world has gone to sh*t, it's simply not fun anymore. I was spending £29.99 every 6 weeks, but not now. There's an Alliance who has now badged (I think thats the term), and are now preventing anyone else from doing the same. Effectively controlling the Centre, Hubs, and all the high POI's. There's no point playing the game anymore, because there is nothing to progress to. If anyone moves within a distance set by the controlling Alliance, then you're wiped out. No one can overtake the controlling Alliance because, they control all the high POI's, and their members are all top ranked.

This was my first world. And probably my last. I get it's a game, and all the other stuff, but when there is no possibility of any progress, it's just not fun. I thought it was a one off, but from the chat, this seems to be the normal. I've another game going on a different world. And that is now going the down the same path.

So from my two worlds, I've learned that you need to be first in the middle, or there's no game to be had anymore. People take their arguments from one world to the next, and other's act like bullies, gaining their fun from preventing other's doing the same.

It's a shame really, but I've spent too much £££ now on a game you're not allowed to complete. The rules of the game need changing to prevent people from controlling things for everyone else in the world.
  • Much has been said about the style of 'King of the Hill' nature of the game already. What you have learned is you need to be first to the middle (at least in an alliance or family of alliances that are first) in order to enjoy the fun of killing the fortress and gaining a badge.

Some have argued that there should be a downside to killing the fortress such as being relocated to the edge of the world or killed. Others argue that it is punishment for those that win. Every world is the same, the winning alliance controls the world and rarely is kicked out of the centre by an opposing team.
  • Sometimes Karma is a bitch. We had one of those groups of big players on my last world. Much later, one of the players on my team ended up becoming CiC of the current biggest group. They wiped the floor with all the guys that had been beating the small alliances. The crying was phenomenal as they got back what they gave and were chased to the outer rings.
    The time in between you should use to beef up support weapons to lvl 65, learn tactics and gameplay, and grow your defense as much as possible.
    Each world brings new knowledge of how to grow faster and play better.
  • "TheSecretSquig;d-271868" wrote:
    There's an Alliance who has now badged (I think thats the term), and are now preventing anyone else from doing the same.

if you want a badge, you either join them or you need to kill them.

There are different levels of joining... Your alliance could do diplomatic stuff and get a "ticket" for a badge.

In some cases, the winning alliance leader/s is recruiting high ranked non badged players for the fort kills from other alliances... at first their loyal wings will badge.
    Just keep getting fat... they'll notice you.
  • Thanks for the insight commander,

Its always nice to see new players perspectives, even after in such a long-running game. :)
    Sadly, we developers can't do much in regards to player politics and grudges being kept i'm afraid.
  • To OP, so if the bullies left and you controlled the middle, would your group then leave the middle later for someone else and when will you leave? I'm just trying to understand how the transfer of power will work.

• I think this is the bit I don't understand, or being a new player this is something that's just developed over time and become the norm:

"Control the Centre"

So for me, if I took the Fortress down, that's it, game over this world, there's nothing more for me to do, I've won. Start on a new world. But I guess over time, it's something that's developed. Now the aim of the game seems to be to prevent others for acheiving what you've acheived.

I've no beef about this, it's just genuine feedback from a new player's perspective.
  • ok but how will you make sure the rest of your alliance also leave with you? I assume you are not doing the fort by yourself?

Generally winners do one or two forts to get badges and then leave, it is boring for them to outstay beyond this so server is all yours if you hang about for a bit.

I can log into past world and the current rulers were not the original winners. If you have patience you can get what you want.

• Often the winning alliance (ie the first to kill the fort) would not have got there without the assistance of a number of other alliances. They then need support to kill the fort. I agree, once the fort has been killed by the winning group of alliances then that should be it for them but it seems, like in the real world, there are players who would deny others the same fun as themselves just because they can!

About Tiberium Alliances General Discussion

Talk with other players about what is going on in your Command and Conquer: Tiberium Alliances game.1,163 PostsLatest Activity: 11 days ago