Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Band aid pricing fuzzy math

EA isn't known for being the brightest of companies... in fact i'm just gonna straight up say it: they're a bunch of dumba$$es
  • DrumminBeard wrote:
    I noticed this too, and it makes zero sense. Especially when the middle option (costing 210) is *REQUIRED* to progress in the storyline.

Thinking myself clever, I bought the cheaper one; only to realize that the 10-bandaid one is specifically required to move on. Total BS.

Speaking of - is not "Band-Aid" a trademarked product name for which one could suffer consequences for using? Is the hyphen and double-capitalization what sets the trademark apart from whatever term they're using in-game?

Lol. I only bought the 10 bands aids because I had to, it wasn't my choice. Everybody else will feel like an idiot too when they buy 10 band aids for 210 instead of 2 * 5 for 200.
  • DrumminBeard wrote:
    I noticed this too, and it makes zero sense. Especially when the middle option (costing 210) is *REQUIRED* to progress in the storyline.

Thinking myself clever, I bought the cheaper one; only to realize that the 10-bandaid one is specifically required to move on. Total BS.

Speaking of - is not "Band-Aid" a trademarked product name for which one could suffer consequences for using? Is the hyphen and double-capitalization what sets the trademark apart from whatever term they're using in-game?

Band-Aid is a generecized trademark: a specific brand that has become synonymous with the type of item.

For example: Band-Aid, Jell-O, Kleenex, even Frisbee and Escalators.

I don't know if they would get in trouble seeing as the term Band-Aid, although a specific brand, encompasses bandage brands as a whole.

#Englishnerd :lol:
  • mattruns84 wrote:

Band-Aid is a generecized trademark: a specific brand that has become synonymous with the type of item.

For example: Band-Aid, Jell-O, Kleenex, even Frisbee and Escalators.

I don't know if they would get in trouble seeing as the term Band-Aid, although a specific brand, encompasses bandage brands as a whole.

#Englishnerd :lol:

Actually, at least according to Wikipedia, none of those have been legally been generecized (except Escalator). Some other generecized trademarks include aspirin, cellophane, and flip phone. Jell-O for example is very protective of their tradename. In all their advertising it's always Jell-O brand Gelatin.

Johnson and Johnson letting it slide in situation like this could be used in arguments for for genericization in the future.
  • DrumminBeard wrote:
    I think we've hijacked this thread pretty thoroughly.

But we've got all this extra time to tap at the keyboard thanks to EA letting us tap less for the low low price of 20 extra cards per box of 20 bandaids.
  • DrumminBeard wrote:
    I think we've hijacked this thread pretty thoroughly.

:lol:

Such is the life while waiting for the quests to finish.