Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Buyer Beware: Mystery Box

Just informing you of the risk of using mystery boxes so you can make your informed risk. More often than not the best stuff is the last stuff to come out. I had maybe 8 things to get and fruit man and comic book guy were the last two I got. So if you still buy donuts, my opinion is that these are not worth the risk. I rarely bought mystery boxes when I still needed to purchase donuts. Be careful you do not "buy" something you do not want.
  • I didn't want the Fossil Fuel Four (even though only 3 of them were in the box) and I thought I was going to get lucky to avoid but didn't work out....got 2 of them in a row after the first 4 items I got and got the third one just near the end of the box. Fruit-Bat-Man was the last one in the mystery box after the Asylum.

Taken all.

Now that I have 20000 something donuts, when the Black Friday Mystery Boxes comes this November, going to finish off the Bronze (only 3 things in there to get but I was really low on donuts at that time), 5 left in the Silver Mystery Box, 9 left to go in Building Box, 13 in Retail.

Only 3 characters left in the character box to get unless EA adds more.....might hold off that one and rely on them returning as a normal donut purchase in minor or major events. I only have to get Lucius Sweet, Lucille and Agner in there.

The rest I'll hold off until next year (decoration, great outdoors, and Cyber Monday).

• "TheJuiceLoosener;c-1990075" wrote:
    "EllieGuseman;c-1990062" wrote:
    @jaythecanadian If you have the donuts, you should just get everything offered. Just because they offered items in certain types of boxes last year does not mean they will have the same boxes or the same items offered this year.

It's not just boxes either. There is not even half the amount of content available this year as there was last year during the superhero sale. If you can afford to get the limited-time stuff at a discount (unless you simply dislike it outright) scoop it up. It could be a long time before you see it again.

yeah there's some pretty obscure stuff in the there. Plus the game makes fun of the "super" hero's even returning at all so may be a last chance sell. Who knows?
  • I only had 2 things in my mystery box and they can stay right where they are. An Asylum building that was an easy pass the first go round and some other weird building I passed on long ago. With the (3) new character/items (all easy passes), this will be a nice break with no donut expenditures. Nothing to do but rat trap trucks and recycling from now until Halloween!
    lucienleon519
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I figured after my first couple of mystery box disappointments that Sod's law would always apply. I started buying them only very recently, once I finally had enough of a donut factory going to get every item in the box.
  • The first time I ever bought a Mystery Box I got the Twonicorn. It used up all the donuts I'd strained to harvest in those early levels while giving me a puking unicorn in return.

They never have the full set of a collection in the box. They'll bring out the last Fossil Fuel guy in another set of boxes.

And of course it acts like it's the last chance for some of these guys just to scare you. Not that these items AREN'T limited period to get you to rush buy and it could be a while, but it's still just to make you impulse click.