Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Can't unlock Springfield General Hospital - here's what I've tried so far

I just the last couple days went through this, the above from the FAQ is spot on. It starts with you getting prompted for Bart to skip school. Did that happen? If so the rest should flow; at least, it did for me.
  • The tasks show up on their own. Those characters won't have the options until prompted. Make sure everyone is not on a task and wait for the appropriate tasks to show.
  • I'm 99% sure I had Bart skip school because I remember sending a few to check-ups and meals, then everything stopped...If I have Bart skip school again will it trigger the rest?
  • It's been a while because I got caught up in the Christmas stuff, but I remember getting prompted to have Hibbert sacrifice his principles, and I did that.
  • It looks like you are stuck here, correct? You can't get Step 13 to start?

13. Hibbert, Krusty, Brockman dine at Gilded Truffle (2 hours each)

Try storing Hibbert's Practice, the original Kwik-E-Mart (if you have more than one), and Channel 6 to reset those characters. After putting them in your inventory you can place them back in your town and hopefully get that task to trigger.
  • I stored all the buildings you mentioned, didn't trigger anything once I restored them. Also tried storing all buildings involved in these quests, same result...appreciate all the help, hopefully I can figure it out soon!
  • Tried storing all buildings except the Simpson house, still nothing...What about if I sell Hibbert Practice for cash and build it again? Will all the tasks for that building restart again?
  • I've been doing the random tasks that pop up for a couple weeks now, but currently it shows Wiggum going to see the other chief, Lovejoy by name, dreary by nature, and Grampa make Grampa tell stories.
  • Dodgymenz wrote:

I have got a similar problem.

Mine stopped here:

Hibbert Family Practice ($160,500)---added to game on 12/5/2012
    1. Bart Skip School (8 Hours), (keep Skinner free as Bart finishes)
    2. Build Hibbert Family Practice (keep Bart free as build finishes)
    3. Bart go for checkup (10 min) (keep Hibbert free)
    4. Hibbert practice medicine (12 hours) (keep Grampa free)
    5. Grampa go for checkup (10 min) (keep Cletus free)
    6. Cleetus go for checkup (10 min) (keep Luigi free)
    7. Luigi go for checkup (10 min) (keep Quimby free)
    8. Quimby go for checkup (10 min) (keep Burns free)

Then after a few hours prompted the Burns Manor to be built!

I had the exact same thing happen... mine went into Executive Lackey Quest pt. 1 instead of Burns hiding waste...

Oh well, I am going to wait for whacking day to be over before trying to finish out the Burns Manor quests to see if prompts Burns to continue on with the General Hospital quests, probably wont, but worth a shot.

Dodgymenz, did you ever end up getting the quest line back for the General Hospital?

EA support are you out there? What the hell is going on?

Thanks!
  • Ive had the same exact thing happen to me and once you finish building burns manor mr burns task triggers to hide nuclear waste...they flow on after that and i now have the hospital building (also after building wiggums house!)

Its clear the tasks have gone crazy with this update but even tho im now skint and run out of land im not complaining lol have also now got the prompt to buy the buddhist temple!