Forum Discussion

stevieort
New Spectator
10 years ago

Condo Farm = The New House Farm

Not a house farm. Once built you can store the buildings. If you want to upgrade them you can keep them out and store them later. Real estate point won't go away
  • This is true. If I had to leave them in SH to gain the value, I wouldn't have done it. If I build a traditional house farm in Springfield, for instance, I need to leave it in place to reap the profits, y (after reaching the break-even point, which in itself takes time.)

I wanted to get all my characters qualified to work, so I could raise storage capacity to the maximum. I have all the characters working in all buildings except the theater, where I have 2 ready and 4 still waiting in the wings. I don't feel the need to rush those as much, so I'm done with the frenzy.

I kind of enjoy the math component to this. For instance, I figured out that one "oscar" requires -- in essence -- 6 coffees, 4 chairs, and 2 mats. ( 2 of the coffees plus the 4 chairs purchase the 2 phones I need) (the other 4 coffees and the 2 mats purchase the 2 pills I need.)

I'm trying to figure out the root requirements, then, to upgrade - for instance - a valet parking lot - to each separate level.

It's more complicated because of time variants in crafting each element, but its very entertaining IMHO. :)
  • larsyuipo wrote:
    Not a house farm. Once built you can store the buildings. If you want to upgrade them you can keep them out and store them later. Real estate point won't go away

Can you store them, then later decide to take them out and upgrade?
  • Surfcitygal wrote:
    larsyuipo wrote:

Yes! And when you put them in storage, they retain the level they were at ... or at least, that's what's happened to mine. So when I have all the land and am looking for what to do in an open area, or if I want to combine, I can bring one or two out. I also like combining versions of different levels. Like the business park buildings ... at each stage ... an upper-level one combined with a mid-level and a low-level makes for an interesting multi-faceted structure. Same with the valet parking structures. ;)
  • annettemarc wrote:
    Surfcitygal wrote:
    larsyuipo wrote:

Yes! And when you put them in storage, they retain the level they were at ... or at least, that's what's happened to mine. So when I have all the land and am looking for what to do in an open area, or if I want to combine, I can bring one or two out. I also like combining versions of different levels. Like the business park buildings ... at each stage ... an upper-level one combined with a mid-level and a low-level makes for an interesting multi-faceted structure. Same with the valet parking structures. ;)

All my questions answer in one little post. :D Thanks!

I had read you can build and store them, so I have a bunch being built for when I get up. I'm glad to know that's a for sure thing, though, and that storing them gets them out at the level they were stored at.
  • Ningyo42 wrote:
    annettemarc wrote:
    Surfcitygal wrote:
    larsyuipo wrote:

All my questions answer in one little post. :D Thanks!

I had read you can build and store them, so I have a bunch being built for when I get up. I'm glad to know that's a for sure thing, though, and that storing them gets them out at the level they were stored at.

Please be careful about storing Springfield Heights buildings at the moment, there are some glitches going about. I think there's a thread about it in case you've not seen it. Don't want you losing the buildings!!!