Forum Discussion

11 years ago

EA please don't ever do these 2 things Again

Botiacelli8 wrote:
2. You killed my corn! 70 days down and only 20 left. I don't even need the in game cash but now I will likely never finish growing the corn, extremely annoying. I'm guessing it was wiped to highlight brandide. People would have been put off purchasing her to finish their corn. By wiping it and introducing a new mechanic yielding additional characters they in effect gave her a huge promotion while punishing players that don't want her.

This doesn't make any sense. They never pushed Brandine at all. The first quest is for the event's storyline, which prompted to have the farm clear. You did finish growing it. Basically it eliminated the 20 days left automatically. You still see the corn icon, still tap on it, and still receive 45k + XP. So it still counts that you grew it, you just got it 20 days early. If you are that upset then plant it when the event is over, or whenever you want.

• xamovo wrote:
    GamerGD3 wrote:

This doesn't make any sense. They never pushed Brandine at all. The first quest is for the event's storyline, which prompted to have the farm clear. You did finish growing it. Basically it eliminated the 20 days left automatically. You still see the corn icon, still tap on it, and still receive 45k + XP. So it still counts that you grew it, you just got it 20 days early. If you are that upset then plant it when the event is over, or whenever you want.

Ok, I thought my XP and money shot up considerably when I begrudgingly started the rose task. So for me, who only started growing corn 3 weeks ago, I technically lucked out by having my corn sped up 70 days.

Realistically, I potentially got a little screwed because to make use of the stackable aspect (if it's still working), I have to start all over again and wait.

Current reports indicate this has been patched. SP is giving out normal XP, others report nothing on Channel 6. So it appears to be patched. We won't know until a day or 2 after the event when we can collect from buildings again.
  • Botiacelli8 wrote:
    1. I know it's a good money making technique milking eager tappers but can we please stop having to pay or wait 24 hrs to start an event? What a thumb in the eye. (Yes I have witch marge, and no I'm still not happy with this recurring situation)

One of the reasons they likely do this was perfectly highlighted yesterday evening, when the servers went down ... presumably assisted by a huge number of people trying to get the update and get in the game and start on the event all at the same time.

By setting a 24 delay in starting up the event proper they know that some will pay donuts to speed it up, some will then spend donuts speeding everything up (and then complain that they have finished and are bored now and when is the next update - but that's a different thread), some will use Witch Marge to cut 4 hours off it and some will leave it to run the 24 hours.

That way they spread out the start of the event proper, thus spreading out the load on the servers.

I don't know for sure if that is what drives it (and they did the same at Halloween and Christmas(?)), but if it were me in charge it is certainly something I would consider.
  • It's possible that tap stacking hasn't been patched permanently but was only removed due to the new Valentines card mechanic in place. We'll know in 18 days or so if corn and tile stacking was in fact an Easter egg if they code it back into the game.
  • Seeing as how the Xmas update kept me out of my town for 2 1/2 weeks..and I only got 70 K gift cards and no yeti or helter shelter ( :evil: ) only one day out and getting to play is a great success in the U S and *
  • dcacooper wrote:
    Botiacelli8 wrote:
    1. I know it's a good money making technique milking eager tappers but can we please stop having to pay or wait 24 hrs to start an event? What a thumb in the eye. (Yes I have witch marge, and no I'm still not happy with this recurring situation)

One of the reasons they likely do this was perfectly highlighted yesterday evening, when the servers went down ... presumably assisted by a huge number of people trying to get the update and get in the game and start on the event all at the same time.

they spread out the start of the event proper, thus spreading out the load on the servers.

I don't know for sure if that is what drives it (and they did the same at Halloween and Christmas(?)), but if it were me in charge it is certainly something I would consider.

I hadn't thought of that, but it makes some sense.

I actually like the 24 hours before an event starts because my characters all tend to be on 24 hour jobs. A 24-hour precursor task that doesn't require any character means that, when the event gets started, all my characters are free, so the questline will start right away.
    If they aren't going to announce when an event starts so I can be sure to keep everyone free, I hope they continue the trend of precursor tasks.