Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Election Tie In?

Skins for Kang and Kodos!
http://www.noisetosignal.org/images/posts/treehouse6.jpg
  • mikeydluffy wrote:
    :? I can't see this idea appealing to non Americans at all.

Are you telling me you wouldn't want a George Bush with a "fight Homer" visual task or a Bill Clinton with a "Campaign for Ralph" visual task?
  • Please no. Politics can be a really tricky subject to get right without ticking somebody off. I don't need this kind of annoyance in my game.
  • epolng wrote:
    Please no. Politics can be a really tricky subject to get right without ticking somebody off. I don't need this kind of annoyance in my game.

Getting people angry is exactly what shows like The Simpsons are for. Plus they have done many episodes on politics in the past and i'm sure both sides would be made fun of. Plus this election is already gearing up to be a funny one I bet either Simpsons or South park will be doing something on Ted Cruz (most likely South Park)
  • mikeydluffy wrote:
    :? I can't see this idea appealing to non Americans at all.

I'm a non American, it's not appealing. Plus we're about to get 5 weeks of UK politics shoved down our throats.
    My plan - line 'em all up against the wall :twisted:
  • I wouldn't mind having a general political sort of event, rather than a specific 2016 one. The republican headquarters would be a great building and I would like the skins for Kang and Kodos. George sr, Barbara and their house could also be a good addition.
  • I could see doing an election season event based on an episode tie in, but I'd want it with SF politicians, like someone competing with Quimby. Like imagine Bill Clinton running against him for mayor.

Then they could add some funny characters that they've made fun of on the show without starting a political war in their game.

But otherwise I don't want anything politics-related in my game because it really saddens me that our country is in a state of decline that I don't expect it to recover from.

Plus it's sad to read a UK resident comment above that their elections are just as bogus as ours.

The rich, evil, self serving majority of politicians have gerrymandered so much, and corrupted the process with excess lobbying money and campaign contributions, that they have ruined the system completely. Our govt is no longer by, of, and, for the people. Meaning all people. Now it's by, of, and for the privileged. Disgraceful.

Now half will agree and half will disagree with this sentiment. But no one can agree to disagree anymore, so threads like these very locked frequently. Imagine doing this in game. Doesn't sound promising.

On second thought, why not and just make enough jokes to * everyone off equally. Ha
  • annettemarc wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:

I do vote every time ... just on the off-chance that one day we have an actual "free and fair" election again, I won't have forgotten how to poke that little pen through the holes.

;) ;)

-----------------------

where do you live? We use voting machines here. Never have had hanging chads or pins thru holes. One of the rare ways LA is not backwards like we usually are.

Maybe have somebody running against Mayor Q? We know he'll win, though. And Homer's beer proposition whatever that was. I forget