Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Endless Bobbers still assigning materials tasks?

I'm not. Sending my characters on cash tasks to recoup the money I lost betting on Fight Club. I am still doing some of the Cecil tasks and bob smashing to try to get one last donut pack.
  • Gave up on the Cecil tasks after I got the last prize. Really pissed off - I crafted before the price drop, so I'm still sending everyone on tasks to collect more crafting materials. I want to get more walls and a couple more opera seats.
  • zutroy69 wrote:
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    zutroy69 wrote:
    Neglecterino wrote:
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    zutroy69 wrote:
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    I'm in the need money fast club after leaving fight club, I also have a fairly busy task list after getting the entire Terwilliger family! Maybe I should have brought lunch lady Doris first...... Or is it Dora now?

In the middle of grinding, didn't pay much attention to the name, Doris/Dora.

Just read the wiki on that. Very interesting what's in a name.

I wonder what made them change it after so many years?

I read it was because the actress named Doris died. I really do not understand that reasoning. It would seem to be more respectful to keep the name as it was.

Suspect the thinking was since Doris voiced Doris, it would be inappropriate for Tress MacNeille to "replace" her. Should have done a Fat Tony on her and made it her "evil twin."

If that reasoning behind the name change is true, that's totally backwards. What better way to immortalise her?! If anything it puts up a stink. If this was a detective show from the 90s, that would be the crucial evidence that pointed to the murderers guilty conscience!! * Van Dyke as Doctor Sloan to the rescue!!!

Edit: Okay, censored? I get that. Let's call him "Richard" Van Dyke then!!

I just had dialogue for Nelson to dump coleslaw in the Van Houten house and it still references Lunchlady Doris, which got me thinking, why bother changing name for a "new" Tress MacNeille voiced character, we never hear her characters.

That's true, I live in Britain so it's very hard to see the latest episodes, but even with that, has the Lunch Lady spoken in more than three episodes? The Nelson task you talk about was early during the game, so that means the dialogue was written years ago. I'd guess that means the change is more recent.