Forum Discussion

5 years ago

University Materials

Is there a faster way to get Computer chips and Mechanisms? I really want to build a Servo but its taking way too long.
    DoloresGrey
    Seasoned Newcomer
    You need to level up. I recommend to place the lamp that make your sim focused on the shelf that is a part of the engineering table. That way your sim will level up faster.
  • Thanks for the advice but my sim is already at level 10 in the Robotics skill and she still takes about 3 in games hours to make a mechanism or a computer chip.
    dianed485
    Seasoned Traveler
    My technique is buying utility bots from debug mode, then dismantle them for pieces with the robotics table and bam....lots of mechanisms and chips!
    MDianaSims
    Seasoned Hotshot
    You can also make the robo-arm first, wear it and it'll increase your sim's crafting speed and decrease the chance of explosions (or whatever they are).

I don't think the computer chips and mechanisms can be cloned in any way because they can't be dragged into live mode. They're like the hazmat suit and evidence pieces from StrangerVille, personal inventory only.
  • > @cramberbamber said:
    > If you shift-click on the robot station, it gives the option to spawn crafting supplies and it gives you tons of the computer chips and mechanisms

Oh, my plumbob, this made it so much easier, no mod needed! It gave like 50 mechanical bits in one click, oh thank goodness. I kept getting electrocuted on every third thing I was making anyways. Thank you so so much!!
  • I'd be happy if my Servos could do the drudge work of making the chips and mechanisms, so I could assemble them into bots etc.
    ck213
    Seasoned Scout
    "Dianesims;c-17337799" wrote:
    My technique is buying utility bots from debug mode, then dismantle them for pieces with the robotics table and bam....lots of mechanisms and chips!

Also your sim levels up in robotics pretty fast.
    I did dismantle a lot of bots though, since they were free.
  • Has anyone tried cloning these parts with the cloning machine from the Scientist career?
  • "Chazzzy;c-17338466" wrote:
    I think I have a mod that lets you buy parts in bulk.

what's the name of the mod?
  • "cramberbamber;c-17344714" wrote:
    If you shift click on the robot station, it gives the option to spawn crafting supplies and it gives you tons of the computer chips and mechanisms

Tanks Thatcher helped a lot ??

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,034 PostsLatest Activity: 4 minutes ago