Forum Discussion

kellylikins101
New Spectator
2 years ago

Ideas and questions

So, like most of you I've been playing forever. I love this game and have invested lots of time and a few dollars as well. I guess my question is what do I do with all the extra items I've accumulated that I don't have much use for? Also, I have a lot of stuff kind of everywhere and I need some inspiration for my town. I've looked at other people's towns or tried to but some of the images are so tiny and my phone is only so big. IF there was a way to play on my laptop, please tell me because I would love that. Thats it! Oh and I don't know if anyone checks friends' towns anymore, but I do and could use a few new ones.
  • "kellylikins101;d-277279" wrote:
    So, like most of you I've been playing forever. I love this game and have invested lots of time and a few dollars as well. I guess my question is what do I do with all the extra items I've accumulated that I don't have much use for? Also, I have a lot of stuff kind of everywhere and I need some inspiration for my town. I've looked at other people's towns or tried to but some of the images are so tiny and my phone is only so big. IF there was a way to play on my laptop, please tell me because I would love that. Thats it! Oh and I don't know if anyone checks friends' towns anymore, but I do and could use a few new ones.

There is a way to play on your laptop (if it's reasonable performance), sent you a PM as we aren't allowed to discuss the method here as it's against the forum rules.
  • I have made a good effort to get at least one of everything on the ground and into my town. The rest I leave in inventory. I do wish the inventory was indexed, but it’s not a big deal for me to scroll to find what I want. You are welcome to send me a friend req if you’d like to see a town built with a more realistic setup, and not so much just a display of items acquired.
    I’ve made a continuous effort to not have all buildings face the same way. I design many to appear as the rear, rather than all fronts. I don’t surround every single building with road, as that is just unrealistic to me. I’ve created business districts of varying economic levels, and residential areas too. There is logic to my entire town; with regard to placement of industrial, farm, rural, retail, and historic areas. I have primary in-roads which would have existed in the earliest stages of the town’s development. Almost all of my designs are inspired by places I’ve lived in Atlanta, the NJ shore, and the Carolina coast.

I love maxing out the realism when town building. Placing buildings and features to create realistic looking sidewalks and pathways is one of my favorite things to do. I also enjoy "forced 3-D" illusions by slipping roads and rivers "behind" retaining walls, cliff sides, and buildings. Come visit me once you’ve figured out the taboo trick @devilhunt1449 alluded to.
  • I also try to use everything I have accumulated and build realistically. My storage is primarily holiday and town decorations, along with other crap I'm not allowed to sell. The holiday decorations are scattered through town during the holiday (shamrock shrubs, valentines balloons, jack-o-lanterns, nutcrackers) and get put away when the holiday is over. I have holiday sections where a few of those decorations stay all year along with the holiday buildings. Town decorations & nature items are in storage usually due to remodeling so I don't have to repurchase them. I tap hard for every dollar and hate wasting money, even if I do have more than I can spend.

I'm still working to purchase all the land, so I do have a few building clusters that aren't pretty. I cluster them based on how I will design when I get the space. For example, I have a cluster for museums, outdoor things, foreign buildings, sci-fi buildings, etc. I just started spacing out and designing my education buildings and Halloween sections. I could probably space more out, but I can't bear to get rid of my house/KEM farms just yet.

Feel free to add me and take a look around! I have plenty of friend space.
    Wrkingrl509
  • The interesting thing is that Apple made a check box to let developers make their iOS apps available on MacOS for ARM based Macs, almost no-one takes advantage of this.