Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Invisible dirt

i just noticed that while visiting my wife.
  • Yep same here, fianc? and I noticed the same thing when visiting each other's town this morning.
  • What?? And after I turned my entire town brown. :wink:

Seriously EA needs to get their stuff together because if the neighbors can't see it then what's the point.
  • DrumminBeard wrote:
    amazonprimechic wrote:
    Seriously EA needs to get their stuff together because if the neighbors can't see it then what's the point.

"What's the point"?

With all due respect, I can't imagine why anyone would decorate their town exclusively for the edification of others. I do acknowledge that not being able to see the dirt stuff in other peoples' towns needs to be corrected; but to imply that there is no other reason to include dirt stuff in your design just seems a little extreme to me.

Well it may be related to the glitchy status of them. I still can only place dirt under 2/3rds of various buildings.
  • Not only can the dirt streets and roads not be seen from neighboring towns, the Bandits aren't attracted to them (or rather I should say the area where they're supposed to be).

I started doing my Friend Actions this morning and got to my own towns where I had replace my Street (that's the tiles with the sidewalks) with dirt Street. I thought I'd never find any Bandits. Instead of gathering up on the street they were just standing around, I'm guessing where ever they randomly dropped when I entered my towns.
  • wadebear wrote:
    Not only can the dirt streets and roads not be seen from neighboring towns, the Bandits aren't attracted to them (or rather I should say the area where they're supposed to be).

I started doing my Friend Actions this morning and got to my own towns where I had replace my Street (that's the tiles with the sidewalks) with dirt Street. I thought I'd never find any Bandits. Instead of gathering up on the street they were just standing around, I'm guessing where ever they randomly dropped when I entered my towns.

I was wondering about that. Thanks.
  • No doubt stating the obvious, but this event seems to a bit glitchier than usual.
  • Got the same issue.

Planted some regular roads next to my landing zone so neighbours got it easier to tap my bandits.

Tip for towns you visit which have no roads at all; Look on Squidport. Bandits are heavily drawn towards the Squidport tiles.