Forum Discussion

CD0018
Seasoned Newcomer
11 days ago

Invisible items

I´m not sure if it is a Technical Issue but....

sinc the last Update i have a lot of Items across all expansion packs that are invisible.

For example: I went to the Library in Britechester and i cant see any Bookshelf. In the screenshot i moved with my mous to one bookshelf, not even then i can really see the Item.

There is no issue with using the items just a visual issue.

• No I´m not using all expansion packs.   
  • Yes I´m using mods/cc
  • Its a new safe file for the Super Sim Challange. 

I didnt even start the challange right. Just finished building the house and then when directliy to the library. 

• Lola-the-Gogoat  Please try forcing the game to use DirectX 11 mode.  There are a couple ways to do this, one being through the Nvidia Control Panel.  Right-click the desktop, select the CP, choose Manage 3D Settings > Global settings, and choose the high-performance Nvidia processor.

If this fixes the issue, you can revert the global setting and apply it in Program settings, for TS4_x64 and TS4_Launcher_x64, but please try the global setting first.  I've heard from a few people who say the program setting doesn't apply.  You can see whether the game is using DirectX 9 or 11 at the Main Menu: it will say either DX9 or DX11 after the version number in the lower-right corner.

• CD0018  To be thorough, please test with no mods or custom content, as in, move the Mods folder to the desktop.  You don't need to save your progress.

If this doesn't help, and it may not, please provide a dxdiag.  Hit Windows key-R, enter dxdiag in the run box, wait for the scan to finish, click "Save all information," and save the file to your desktop.  From there, you can attach it to a reply using the camera (Insert Media) icon included with the other formatting buttons.

Lola-the-Gogoat
      Seasoned Newcomer

I'm having the same issue. It's only certain objects, like the onsen locker that came with Snowy Escape, and it's consistent across lots and neighborhoods. I removed my mods and it's still happening. Here's my dxdiag