Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Jobs behaving oddly: is there any explanation?

Interesting....I am having no such issues....Are you on android or ios??
  • Burnin_TODI wrote:
    Interesting....I am having no such issues....Are you on android or ios??

iOS up-to-date; turned phone on and off regularly; no problem like this until recent weeks.

'Course i had fewer characters to manage in previous weeks.

I've noticed it often enough lately to know that I am not imagining things.
  • I'll have to study them more closely -- and that may take a little while.

If anyone else has encountered a similar problem, particularly lately, please speak up.
  • I sometimes come back in to find a character or two off task. But with 50+ characters to keep track of, I'd be more likely to blame just missing them, rather than a glitch.
  • 4S; up-to-date OS; plenty of memory.

Here's a list of current strange happenings in my game: (all are of recent origin)

The game forces me to log in several times a day. I used to go for weeks without encountering this requirement.

One of my favorite Springfields to visit, and which I used to visit every day, has disappeared from view. When I input the name, to initiate a new connection, i am told the player is already on my list. I revisit my Springfield friend list; no such town appears.

I understand it's easy to be mistaken about incomplete jobs; but last night I planted a crop of Silvertongues, as i often do in the late evening, and also told Cletus to de-louse the kids. This morning, Cletus's job showed that it was complete but the crop (which should take longer) had disappeared.

Some of the characters seem absolutely reliable in performing certain jobs; but Cletus when told to whittle sometimes does, sometimes doesn't finish. Dr, Hibbert usually will dine at the Truffle for the full 2 hours; but occasionally does not. Willie is reliable at all of his tasks. Likewise the Sea Captain. All-American Apu is hit and miss. Most of my problems occur when i have a pack of characters shopping at the Kwik-E-Mart; it is not uncommon to find two or three of them wandering the streets a short time later (after I have closed and re-opened the game) while the rest continue and complete their tasks.

I could presumably uninstall and reinstall the game -- to see if things improve. But I am not sure if the game remains intact when uninstalled.