Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Money and taking extended breaks

I took a very long break from July last year to September this year and didn't lose anything. So I can say that money doesn't disappear, though I can't say why yours did. Sounds really weird.
  • I had not played for almost 2,5 years and when I came back this October nothing was disappeared. Money and donuts balance was the same.
  • Maybe your town was hacked? Recently, the game had a bad glitch, where a lot of players were being signed into the wrong towns. I know, several months back, the same thing happened, and some players were reporting that, whoever got into their towns by the glitch, were being stinkers, and nuking the town they were in. With the recent glitch, maybe someone did get into your town by mistake, and decided to blow all of your money. I guess the best thing you can do, is try to contact EA, and get this issue resolved. They have logs and all the information on everyone's towns, so maybe they can check and see if someone spent all of your money really fast.
  • Or the OP could request the town to be rolled back to the 6-8 month period before the absence. Though the challenge would be whether EA keeps backups that far back...
  • rgt36 wrote:
    hey there, EA is not responding to this fairly simple question, so I ask this: if one were to take a 6 -8 week break and they have well over $25M in their in-game cash, does their money disappear?

This is my case, as when the last time I logged on, I had amassed well over $20 million dollars over the couple of years of playing. Tuesday, when I decided I needed to get my town in order before the snow, my games money had dwindled down to less than $120,000. Is this to be expected, or am I the recipient of some awesome EA/Tapped Out glitch?

Was this a case of actual record, meaning you knew you left the game with x and came back and it immediately said -x? Or did you log in, see the new strips of land, purchased said land, then noticed you had 120k left? The 2 strips of land was like 20 million, so it almost seems that you didn't account for the massive land purchase.
  • GamerGD3 wrote:
    rgt36 wrote:
    hey there, EA is not responding to this fairly simple question, so I ask this: if one were to take a 6 -8 week break and they have well over $25M in their in-game cash, does their money disappear?

This is my case, as when the last time I logged on, I had amassed well over $20 million dollars over the couple of years of playing. Tuesday, when I decided I needed to get my town in order before the snow, my games money had dwindled down to less than $120,000. Is this to be expected, or am I the recipient of some awesome EA/Tapped Out glitch?

Was this a case of actual record, meaning you knew you left the game with x and came back and it immediately said -x? Or did you log in, see the new strips of land, purchased said land, then noticed you had 120k left? The 2 strips of land was like 20 million, so it almost seems that you didn't account for the massive land purchase.

yeah, that's not the case. i think i'm undershooting how much money i had. Basically, I had enough money that anything that concerned in-game money was of no concern. i think after i had purchased the last 2 strips of land, it left me with $18M, which was recovered not too long after. I've been trying to contact EA since, but I can't get anyone to connect for a chat and have only received an email indicating that i had notified EA of a problem.