Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Monorail Building

I got like three stations of the Monorail, and a lot of tracks. Now I have a problem.

Not so sure how to build a Monorail station, using the parts I have... yet they hardly fit all the themed pieces to create a full station. I'd like to know how to build a Monorail Station, and then move on to the next one, while building the track. In short, what's a good design to build a monorail station in your city?

After I get the Monorail going in my Springfield, I can move on to the Springfield Heights area, and unlock everything, over the mountains.
  • First look at your neighbor's towns. Then try the Springfield Showcase forum. Then build it any way you want.
    A note though: You'll be better off unlocking the Heights area first. It's cheaper to unlock than the main area, and it's VERY hard to line up the mountain crossover so you should start there and work your way back to the stations.
  • And don't get too attached to your layout, there are something like 7 different stations in total which you'll have to incorporate as & when you get them.

Plus, when you expand your main town into new land you'll probably change the layout several times to fit.

Then finally, when you run up against the item limit you'll probably pack the whole thing away in the inventory never to be seen again.
  • > @wadebear said:
    > First look at your neighbor's towns. Then try the Springfield Showcase forum. Then build it any way you want.
    > A note though: You'll be better off unlocking the Heights area first. It's cheaper to unlock than the main area, and it's VERY hard to line up the mountain crossover so you should start there and work your way back to the stations.

I see. But I notice that I have only ONE tunnel to Heights and back. Is there a way to get two tunnels for the tracks?
  • " But I notice that I have only ONE tunnel to Heights and back. Is there a way to get two tunnels for the tracks?"

Just keep playing and do the railyard tasks every week, you will eventually get a second tunnel
  • > @johncolombo said:
    > " But I notice that I have only ONE tunnel to Heights and back. Is there a way to get two tunnels for the tracks?"
    >
    >
    > Just keep playing and do the railyard tasks every week, you will eventually get a second tunnel

Great. That way we can have a cross-mountain monorail. Thanks.