Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Prove that the boxes are not so "random"

As I stated in another thread, the developers will have coded the game so that disconnects/wifi-turn-offs won't work, they used to have the same issue with people circumventing the Homer Buddha in the same way, so they coded the game to prevent against that. You attempting to cheat does not prove anything, other than they have prevented this cheat from working.

Secondly, of course your friends who have bought eggs will be doing better, they have had more chances to get prizes. :roll: And that's not even taking into account that random probability means that some people will get vastly different outcomes, even if you had opened the same amount of boxes.
  • Yes, the odds are obviously stacked towards the 'booby-prizes', but I don't think the order of prizes you get is pre-determined. Data-miners like SpAnser would have been able to tell from the raw code if this were the case.
  • This is not proof. Here is what the game does.

The game determines all your prizes before you open them.

I have looked into a few things but lets say you bought a scratcher from the store. Well what you are going to win is stored in your save file already. When you scratch it you get what was in your save file. But when you scratch it it rolls randomly for your NEXT scratcher.

So at most you might be able to game the system if you do multiple quickly before it syncs but that is unlikely.

All random rolls are determined before a box is opened and when you open a box it randomizes the next box.
  • MR_Plow123 wrote:
    I agree that OPs one instance in no way proves any thing.

I am kind of curious about what would be considered "fair" though. Just to be clear, this is by far my least favorite event and it's definitely decreased my enjoyment and time spent in the game.
    With that out of the way, we've known the probability of getting anything and getting everything essentially since day one of the event. That hasn't changed, and that information isn't new. I feel like the odds suck, but I don't see how "fairness" fits into the equation. Would they be more fair if the odds of winning were larger? Is that the jump people are making? Because the definition I'm thinking of for "fair" is based on whether or not everyone has the same odds of winning the prize. Which is the case here.

There's a lot wrong with with the update, but no one is getting an unjust advantage over someone else.

"Fair" would be the actual chance of working your way through enough boxes without spending hundreds of donuts. Instead of guaranteeing the boxes after 82 times, they should have cut that down to 40 boxes. Based on the math above, that is. So that for those fanatics that actually zapped their towns every 4 hours, visited all 100 friends everyday, and exchanged every single egg with a basket that they could have, would be rewarded for their ridiculous devotion to game play. That is how all the prior events have been. If they did this, then they would still make plenty of money from those players that couldn't wait, were not that devoted to the game play, or that wanted to purchase multiple items. Actually make the baskets decorations as well, premium of course, and people would buy them. Don't think I'm right, well as proof I reference EA's reports of record profits from their mobile series, with TSTO leading the way, clearing over $100 million in just 3 quarters of 2013.
  • spAnser wrote:
    This is not proof. Here is what the game does.

I have looked into a few things but lets say you bought a scratcher from the store. Well what you are going to win is stored in your save file already. When you scratch it you get what was in your save file. But when you scratch it it rolls randomly for your NEXT scratcher.

So at most you might be able to game the system if you do multiple quickly before it syncs but that is unlikely.

All random rolls are determined before a box is opened and when you open a box it randomizes the next box.

:shock: Jeeze, speak of the Devil :lol:
  • spAnser wrote:
    This is not proof. Here is what the game does.

Hmm, interesting. I wonder if the scratchers and the golden scratchers are independent of each other? I would assume they are.
  • I spent a hundred donuts and got diddly squat, even flanders is annoyed!

Give me my premium prizes!

http://media.giphy.com/media/orrAfQoJ2SdJm/giphy.gif
  • My game just crashed...again... but anyway.

I've spent, more than a few doughnuts buying eggs for this damn event. And I don't think it was worth it, however, saying that, my boyfriend has played this religiously, every day, and has yet to get a decent prize, aside from banana and egg council dude.

I just want Shary for goodness sake1

And that stinking egg which the bf found already
  • Hey guys, if you're just playing regularly and not spending donuts on this event, be glad.

I've been playing daily for a year and half, not big of a donuts fan (I like to play the game to put my mind off of things and to relax, so I didn't mean to spend much money on that), but this event got me going from some reason. I spent more than 200 donuts in order to get father Sean and Sharry Bobbins, incl. those 4550 golden eggs which came out today, I had more than 30 spins with gold box and I haven't got anyone ?!!?
    I'm pissed off as hell at this point, so yea event well done EA