Forum Discussion

rockyb2006
New Spectator
4 years ago

Robin Hood Homer

How do you start his quests? I purchased him, and can use him, but no quest has popped up.
  • There's mention of Homer using a disguise in the event quests - perhaps it comes after that ??
    Might be after you do Homer's prize 4 quest though - Make Homer Apply a Cunning Disguise
    I'm only guessing, won't be paying about $14 for a skin !!
  • At a guess have Burns and Homer free, they're both used in pt.1 of the quests, and see if it triggers
  • "1-Graham-S;c-2201407" wrote:
    At a guess have Burns and Homer free, they're both used in pt.1 of the quests, and see if it triggers

Well, I had them both free but it didn’t trigger.
  • "1-Graham-S;c-2201423" wrote:
    There's mention of Homer using a disguise in the event quests - perhaps it comes after that ??
    Might be after you do Homer's prize 4 quest though - Make Homer Apply a **** Disguise
    I'm only guessing, won't be paying about $14 for a skin !!

Exactly, that's when it triggers.
  • Dunno why it didn't like the word that sounds like running and means sneakily clever ?!?
    I actually added that in as an edit when I first posted and the affected word showed up !?!
  • EA is losing out on money from me. Well, they’re are losing out on more money since I have 5 games and bought the Robin Hood skin for my first one. I have enjoyed TSTO for years and so tried to buy RH for my second town on my iPad only to get the message “It looks like you have already made this purchase. Would you like to get it again for free?” Of course, I choose “yes”, am told I’m “all set”, but no skin shows for RH shows in Homer’s character - the game still shows it available to purchase. Choosing “no” just ends the dialog.

This has been happening to me with for the last two years with every for-purchase character such as Libido, so only my first town can get these. Apparently players on Android and other platforms don’t have this issue (am I wrong?), but I draw a line at purchasing new hardware just for the privilege of spending more money on this game for my other towns.

EA’s loss
  • This is a workaround I found, but never needed it myself. Of course you will have to pay for the item for every town afaik you will not get it free.
    If you try it let me know what happens
    Make sure you have an EA account that you use to log in and out
    Install the game on a different device, can be Android or IOS.
    If the device is someone's else's and they also play Tapped out, make sure they have their own account and do not play anonymously as they will lose their town if they do not.
    Collect all quests and houses/business money in your town
    Go to friend screen
    Go to Other Springfield
    Tap the 3 actions in that town
    Go back to the friend screen and LOG OUT
    Go back to your main device
    You should be able to play normally
    If you still have issues, contact EA directly through the game
  • Thanks for the instructions. I will try it when the Sky Finger Monument in my second town finishes its 24 hour cycle so all buildings collect at once. I will try doing your procedure on my iPhone since you say iOS is ok