Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Spinning donut of doom :-(

I only play on my ipad but am recently having the same problem with the spinning donut of doom. :?:

• evenwolvesdream wrote:
    I only play on my ipad but am recently having the same problem with the spinning donut of doom. :?:

It's so frustrating. I guess I should be glad I can still access the game at all through another device but the iphone isn't strictly speaking mine, it belongs to my fiance and I can only use it sporadically. I could live with it if the servers were down or something, but this weird, device specific error drives me nuts. I even reset it to factory settings but it didn't make any difference at all. I downloaded another game that also needs a constant server connection and it works perfectly, as do other EA games. I just don't understand what the matter could be that can't be fixed by reinstalling the game etc.
  • When this happens to me (I have an ipad2), I kill all apps running, including TSTO, and then open it again, sometimes I need to login again, in any case it usually helps.
  • vixoovee wrote:
    When this happens to me (I have an ipad2), I kill all apps running, including TSTO, and then open it again, sometimes I need to login again, in any case it usually helps.

Sadly nope, I tried all that and more. It's not the usual run of the mill spinning donut, it's the spinning donut of doooom. I even deleted and re-installed the app, turned the ipod on and off repeatedly and, as a last ditch effort, reset it to factory settings, then downloading the game again. Nothing :cry: :cry:
  • snarkmork wrote:
    vixoovee wrote:
    When this happens to me (I have an ipad2), I kill all apps running, including TSTO, and then open it again, sometimes I need to login again, in any case it usually helps.

Sadly nope, I tried all that and more. It's not the usual run of the mill spinning donut, it's the spinning donut of doooom. I even deleted and re-installed the app, turned the ipod on and off repeatedly and, as a last ditch effort, reset it to factory settings, then downloading the game again. Nothing :cry: :cry:

Sounds awful, I'm sorry :cry: :(
  • Same here. Yesterday, it would eventually let me back on after several Bart screens, but I kept having to re-log-in.
    Same thing today, but when I do finally get on, I can't visit the friend's screen. Donut never stops spinning.

Origin's servers are "bottom barrel", so its not really unexpected for this to happen on occasion. I suggest if you can get on, put you're characters on longer tasks.
  • vixoovee wrote:
    Sounds awful, I'm sorry :cry: :(

Thank you, I'm feeling awfully deprived :lol: . Is it kind of worrying how dependent you get on checking in on a game multiple times a day?

Rosshk wrote:
    Origin's servers are "bottom barrel", so its not really unexpected for this to happen on occasion. I suggest if you can get on, put you're characters on longer tasks.

Yeah, I hope it's "just" a server problem and will be fixed soon, the more obscure the problem, the longer it usually takes to be fixed.

TKC_Panda wrote:
    Did you change your pw recently? I did on origins site and now I can't log in to TSTO. I was able to this morning but after I changed my pw (I forgot it and wanted to login to here) I can't get in now. Maybe I have to wait? Hopefully not too long.

I haven't changed mine yet. Your problem sounds like a different one from mine. I never even get to the log-in screen unfortunately. It's just the loading screen forever and ever. I hope it works out for you soon.
  • AOneTrueHero wrote:
    http://www.mypokecard.com/en/Gallery/my/galery/XfGNwB2Sr3OG.jpg

:lol: :lol:

So is this the next evolution then?

http://i.imgur.com/6cHZOtg.jpg