Ideas

Theerealhunney
Seasoned Newcomer
9 days ago
Under Investigation

[DO] Can't request table in restaurant on a date

Hello! When playing the sims 4 I have asked other sims on a date or to hang out then travel to a restaurant. When requesting a table to be seated, nothing happens. The game doesn't proceed to the next action for the couple/friends to be seated. I have repaired and updated the game, but still no solution. I have noticed that when my sim is alone and requests a table to sit and dine, they are able to do so. It only happens during an event like asking on a date or hang out. I have tried different venues as well and happens no matter what venue I choose. Please how can this be fixed? 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title fit bug report at AHQ

sclevenger08
    Seasoned Newcomer

This just started happening to me after the Reaper event went live. It was working fine while I was playing over the weekend. 

anaigzsims
    Rising Spectator

Same here, I repaired the game a few times, tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it's still bugging when my Sims are on a date and request a table.  They don't get seated at all.  When they travel to a restaurant together, not on a date, they don't seem to be grouped together automatically anymore.  I have to group them together manually, and then they can request a table and are seated together.

Zola1016
    New Spectator

I have the same problem when I try to send my sims on a date. 

NeutrinaEditora
    Seasoned Newcomer

I go with a group to dinner and only the sim that requests the table is the only one that is going to eat...😋

becca4160
      New Spectator

I had that same problem until I noticed that groups weren't automatically forming upon arriving at destinations. Now I make sure my sims are grouped correctly and am now able to get a table for everyone in party. Still having some problems with the request table action just disappearing occasionally. 

Sketch793
    Rising Hotshot

Just got around to testing this for myself. Like everyone else, I can Request a Table but I never get seated. I tried introducing myself to the Host but that didn't help. 

Once the date finished, I requested a table again and was seated pretty quickly. I was still in a group with my date, so it isn't a group problem. It seems to be specifically Dates and perhaps other events (I didn't test anything else).  

I was still able to have a succesful date by completing the main goal, to socialize with my date 10 times, but that only got me to Bronze. Anything higher requires completing some of the minor goals and that seems to be impossible at restaurants right now. I would suggest going somewhere else on your dates until this gets fixed. Most of mine take place either at my Sim's house or the date's house.

• I'm having the same problem could not request a table when asked another sims on a date. They fix a few bugs and now there creating new ones. smh

• Yup, I'm having the same problem... Can't have dates in restaurants so the Lovestruck dates are ruined...

• I have the same issue with dates . Not sure if it’s the date causing it or the lot itself. The family can go out to eat at a maxis restaurant but when one sims on a date they get that issue

About The Sims 4 Bug Reports

Report bugs for The Sims 4 on PC, Mac, Playstation, and Xbox.Latest Activity: 25 minutes ago