Forum Discussion

MasterSeedy
Rising Veteran
4 hours ago

30 Stuns in GCs

I am so tired of this feat. I can't get the stuns without killing the enemy even on t10. 

The problem with this feat as currently constructed is that the more highly relic'd your characters, the harder the GC is to complete. This, of course, is the opposite of what should be the case. 

I don't know what the best solution is, though ONE suggestion is to keep t1-t9 exactly the same, but at t10 rewrite the feat as follows: 

Without any characters defeated, attempt to stun an enemy 15 times. 

If at the highest tier you're stunning the enemy 15 times and not losing any of your own toons, you've clearly put in the roster work and what's left is the tedium of trying over and over again to get the RNG required for the enemy to survive. 

This isn't the only possible fix, but it does test for the condition that requires the fix. Alternatively it would be possible to do things like grant damage immunity or 75% damage reduction while stunned, but that's not as direct a test, and it's also not as transferable to other situations (like high gaining stealth a high number of times). This general formula (halving the required # but requiring no lost toons) can be used for any feat that becomes more difficult at high relics.  

As I've said in other circumstances, when success is removed from the hands of the players, the game suffers. I cannot temporarily remove relic tiers, complete the battle, and then slap them back on. My roster is only 12M, and I shudder to think how other, more powerful rosters handle this situation. The longer the game goes on, the more players are going to find certain feats penalize them for improving their toons. 

Long ago, most memorably when NS Zombie got her rework, it was publicly stated that it was the intention of the developers never to penalize roster improvement. 

Feats that require holding back to avoid killing t10 enemies very much violate that core idea. 

• I’ve struggled with this one too, not sure what your roster looks like but I’ve found that Aayla Secura is a massive help. JML and Jedi that can call to assist (like hermit yoda, Shaak, Windu, Bastilia) as well as JKLS with his ability to mass stun. Keep using JML GL ability to call Aayla to attack. Might take a few tries to no kill but I ended up getting 30+ stuns. 

MasterSeedy
      Rising Veteran

I thank you. 

I had gotten it done with JML, HY, Aayla, & JKL (undermanned), but I'm philosophically opposed to challenges that get harder the more you upgrade your toons.