Forum Discussion

AbC4932a1766700
New Novice
3 years ago

Animations Vs game timer

With more and more attack animations taking a few seconds to complete this has got to start adding up over the 5min duration of a battle.

I know it not major with everything else the community needs, but If animations are going to continue to get longer and more intricate would it be possible to do 1 or 2 tweaks:
- change battle timer to 10min or 15(like GCs)
- Or pause the battle timer during character animations.
  • "InyakSolomon88;c-2348002" wrote:

yet the animations are longer and eat up the clock more.

I've noticed recently that it "felt" like the animations had slowed down from 4X to 1X. I certainly agree that more time could be added to the battle clock in view of the increase in duration of animations.
  • Whenever I use or fight Cara Dune I physically cringe at her basic attack length
  • Now, that's a complaint I haven't heard in a long time... A long time.
  • How about an option to disable your team's animations entirely? You need to see the enemy ones to understand what is happening, but you know what button you pressed. Just seeing damage flash up would be enough to know that assists happened and such, and you could always reactivate animations if you found it confusing.

I guess it might have an effect on game balance though, with some teams gaining more and more as they take more turns.
  • I was thinking about this today. Ideally all animations should be aligned to a similar time window but ideally 1x and 4x should also affect the clock. I sometimes watch at 1x just to see the animations as some are really cool but cause too much of an issue running the game at that speed.