Forum Discussion

6 months ago

Assault Battles CTIII are a Waste of Time

Grinding through 7 waves and waisting 20+ minutes only to get wiped by GMY on the 8th wave is stupid. If you're going to make the final wave so OP, just make the entire event one wave so we don't waste so much time getting there.

What's the point of making it such a grind? There's no sense of accomplishment or pride or enjoyment in the event... Just utter annoyance.
  • "Machenator;d-269198" wrote:
    Grinding through 7 waves and waisting 20+ minutes only to get wiped by GMY on the 8th wave is stupid. If you're going to make the final wave so OP, just make the entire event one wave so we don't waste so much time getting there.

What's the point of making it such a grind? There's no sense of accomplishment or pride or enjoyment in the event... Just utter annoyance.

It’s to make it a challenge, as in “challenge tier”. As for there being no sense of accomplishment, I felt very accomplished the last time S&S came around and I could sim every tier.
  • "Notthatguyfrombefore;c-2462411" wrote:
    "Machenator;d-269198" wrote:

It’s to make it a challenge, as in “challenge tier”. As for there being no sense of accomplishment, I felt very accomplished the last time S&S came around and I could sim every tier.

You've missed the whole point of my post which is that the first 7 waves are not a challenge. Only the final wave is; however, it is time consuming to get to the final wave. Why add the time-wasting 7 waves at all instead of just sticking with one challenging wave?
    MasterSeedy
    Seasoned Hotshot
    I've said as much myself.

If the missions could be just as challenging, but instead of 3 then MinBoss, 3 then Boss, you can just have 1 to help you vs. the mid boss by allowing you to enter Wv2 with some TM, though if you're not ready for that Tier, you'll lose too much health and protection vs.Wv1 and that will increase the difficulty of the mid boss as much as the TM gain decreases it.

Then you mid boss, then you have one wave to recover your CDs and heal up, then you final boss.

I can see the logic of that for sure, but why multiply the phases between start and MB and between MB and BB? It increases the time spent without increasing difficulty or storytelling or fun.

I mean, they are what they are at this point, but I would have liked the design better had they gone with 1/2 the number of waves.
  • "Machenator;c-2462413" wrote:
    "Notthatguyfrombefore;c-2462411" wrote:

You've missed the whole point of my post which is that the first 7 waves are not a challenge. Only the final wave is; however, it is time consuming to get to the final wave. Why add the time-wasting 7 waves at all instead of just sticking with one challenging wave?

Unless the challenge is how to manoeuvre your team to finish the 7th wave in the best position. If that challenge is approached properly then the last wave doesn’t have to be a significantly greater challenge.

• "Notthatguyfrombefore;c-2462419" wrote:
    "Machenator;c-2462413" wrote:

Unless the challenge is how to manoeuvre your team to finish the 7th wave in the best position. If that challenge is approached properly then the last wave doesn’t have to be a significantly greater challenge.

Wow dude... You're seriously grasping for straws to support this event, huh? If you get a great sense of accomplishment I assume you opt to not sim it and battle through each tier?
    Scruminator
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Once you 3 star it, it’s an easy sim.

What team are you trying to use?
  • "Salatious_Scrum;c-2462437" wrote:
    Once you 3 star it, it’s an easy sim.

What team are you trying to use?

I've looked up plenty of videos on how to beat it without GL's or crazy mods and it's not that bad; however, none of that addresses my point which is... Why make such an obnoxious and time-consuming event?! Seriously it's like 20 minutes to get to wave 8.
    Scruminator
    Seasoned Newcomer
    So just do it once, then you can sim it… if you get 3* it won’t be 20 minutes every time just the first
  • "Machenator;c-2462413" wrote:

you've never faced sidious in wave 4 of s&s?

or gmy shaak in wave 5 of fanatical devotion?

General Grievous wave 4 in ground wars is mildly challenging too