Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Balance: Gone / Gear Grind: Wasted / Game: Ruined

You maniacs. You blew it up. This scene was all I could think of last night:

http://i.imgur.com/A9DsJn5.gif

Yesterday, base stats mattered. Rey had 164 speed, QGJ had 145 speed, and these subtle differences in stats determined the order in which toons attacked, how they played. This is now completely irrelevant as mods determine speed and attacking order.

Yesterday, RG was a tank and Rey was a glass cannon with foresight for 1 round of protection. Now, RG has the health of the Rancor and Rey is a DPS tank. Protection was brought in to prevent toons from being one-shotted, protection is now rendered useless in many cases.

Yesterday, going from 5 stars to 7 stars made a significant difference to the performance of a toon. Now, the change is trivial compared to the effect of equipping mods.

Yesterday, going from gear 8 to gear 9 or 10 with hard-earned raid gear made a massive difference. Now, it's invalidated by ridiculously overpowered mods. Why grind gear when you can grind out some new mods? And who's to say your nemesis in the arena won't have better stats, due to a lucky RNG?

This isn't SWGOH anymore. If I'd just downloaded this today and seen the state of it, I would have uninstalled it immediately. As I write this, I still have a 5 star review on iTunes, despite all of my previous criticism - because despite everything I loved the game, I loved the gameplay, it was genuinely pleasurable to use the toons I put time and a truck-load of money into. I'm off to update my review after writing this.

The time I spent building a heroic P1 raid team to grind raid gear, the money I spent refreshing shipments for raid gear, the shard shop currency I just spent on raid gear during the last week, all of it feels like it was absolutely for nothing today.

I looked in mod shipments and I laughed, seriously, out loud. You have got to be kidding.

When I read the notes yesterday and I saw Cody, I practically had my credit card in my hand. I was ready to break my vow to never buy another chromium, because I thought he looked like a great toon. FORGET IT! There is no clone synergy anymore, there's just Rey with the power of 1,000 Jedi one-shotting everything in sight.

This was a Michael Bay style update, there were no subtle tweaks to existing character balance. This is the equivalent of moving from rifles and grenades to nuclear warheads.

I bought over 100 vaults. Just do the math. I'm a whale and I hate the update. I hate what you've done to this game. You've ruined it, you've blown it up, you've lost a customer. I'm giving this a week and then I'm walking away if nothing changes. I don't care how much I've spent, I'll write the whole lot of it off, I'm fully prepared to do so.

This was a big middle finger to every player who's supported this game, free or paid.