Forum Discussion

happypfe
New Spectator
8 years ago

Barriss Offee

I am not one to usually place nerf threads, but I am just curious, honestly how the community feels about her abilities.

At the end of each of her turns, Barriss Dispels all debuffs from the debuffed ally with the lowest Health and gains 10% Turn Meter for each effect removed. Whenever an ally is Critically Hit, that ally recovers 20% of their Max Health and Barriss gains 10% Turn Meter. This effect is disabled while Barriss is defeated.

This means that if you have a high crit team, or even a normal crit chance, there is almost no possible way to defeat a team with this Zeta ability. Heal immunity with Sid, or IG 88 or EP is almost useless as well since she can heal through it with secondary ability, or dispel it with the one mentioned above. The only team I know of that can power through this easily enough is a Nihilus lead that restricts crit dmg. I have defeated teams with her before in GW, but it was ridiculously difficult, and most often her ally toons would normally be very easy to defeat on their own. In addition, this almost makes ally choice almost superfluous; it almost doesn't matter which allies you pair with her, they will do well regardless. Does the community feel this is far too niche, and inclusive of an ability, or do most feel it's fine the way it is?