Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Cad Bane Does not need a rework...

Cad Bane Does not need a complete rework he just needs a few minor changes.
1. Gun Slinger- change his 55% to attack twice and 50% chance to gain 15% TM with each attack to 55% chance to attack twice with a 50% chance to gain 50% TM on each attack.
2. Stun Glove- Add % of turn meter removed from enemy Cad Bane gains that amount.
3. Hunters Reflexes- Add whenever a scoundrel takes damage attacker gains an unavoidable thermal detonator for 1 turn.
4. Jedi Hunter- Increase the critical chance to 50% and Critical damage 25% against Jedi.
5. Base speed needs to increase from 113 to 160 (faster than every Jedi and 8th fastest overall)
6. Base health steal increase from 5% to 20%.

OK so he does need a big rework. But my reasoning behind these changes are that Cad Bane's biggest problems are he is slow and has some of the lowest protection and health. If he was fast and attacked frequently through TM gain it would make him more usable. Secondly, because he is squishy if every attack allowed him to gain life it would offset his low health and protection. Third his leadership is so limited because it apples to only scoundrels so it needs a boost and adding thermal detonators could provide some good synergy with other scoundrels like Zam and Greedo. Lastly, if he is to be a Jedi killer and his unique only hurts Jedi he should have more critical chance and damage to really kill them.

The way I see Cad working as a lead is that he is one of the first characters to attack and uses Stun Glove and stunning the biggest threat/Jedi, if it is a Jedi he gains 100% TM off of this and attacks again then using his basic. Then he has a chance to double attack and gain another 100% TM. When he is attack he either dodges and gains TM or places a thermal detonator. This would make him a relentless attacker that would be required to be dealt with, especially for Jedi teams. Now his low health and protection would allow him to be able to be beat but not after he has done some damage on the battle field. I am sure all Cad Bane fans would love changes like this because he would be the bane of every team with Jedi on it (yes a dad joke).
  • "GriffMck;940325" wrote:
    +1

Cad Bane is my favorite toon. I would love to see these changes and it would work well with Cad (Lead) Zam Greedo, Chewie, ST Han, and Han Solo.

I also would love to see the idea that thermal detonators deal damage to main target and 1/2 damage to each other enemy. It is a bomb having AOE damage would make it even more interesting.

That is a creative idea with thermal detonators.
  • "GriffMck;940325" wrote:
    +1

Cad Bane is my favorite toon. I would love to see these changes and it would work well with Cad (Lead) Zam Greedo, Chewie, ST Han, and Han Solo.

I also would love to see the idea that thermal detonators deal damage to main target and 1/2 damage to each other enemy. It is a bomb having AOE damage would make it even more interesting.

Nute gunrays detonator does something similar to this itopic goes on a single target and does reduced aoe damage in addition to the primary target
  • How does he not need something? No one uses him because he is not very good. Very squishy and no health to go with meh damage
  • "Skywalker_Vader1;940566" wrote:
    How does he not need something? No one uses him because he is not very good. Very squishy and no health to go with meh damage

@skywalker_vader1 apparently you did not read the post. Title was tongue in cheek and I suggested a possible rework that would make him a useful character.
  • "Skywalker_Vader1;940566" wrote:
    How does he not need something? No one uses him because he is not very good. Very squishy and no health to go with meh damage

Next time, read the thread - not just the title. TIA.
  • "LRMoser;d-96798" wrote:
    1. Gun Slinger- change his 55% to attack twice and 50% chance to gain 15% TM with each attack to 55% chance to attack twice with a 50% chance to gain 50% TM on each attack.

I love this idea! However I would go with a 65% chance to attack twice.

"LRMoser;d-96798" wrote:
    3. Stun Glove- Add % of turn meter removed from enemy Cad Bane gains that amount.

Brilliant!
    Keeping in the part that Jedi still loose 100% regardless

"LRMoser;d-96798" wrote:
    4. Hunters Reflexes- Add whenever a scoundrel takes damage attacker gains an unavoidable thermal detonator for 1 turn.

I would do away with the whole TD thing since Boba already covers all of that and that's a Jawa Scavy thing.

"LRMoser;d-96798" wrote:
    5. Jedi Hunter- Increase the critical chance to 50% and Critical damage 25% against Jedi.

This unique would be better put into his Basic and special just like Maul.

Upgrading this to where he shares the unique with other "Scoundrel's" and not a leader ability would be amazing too.

"LRMoser;d-96798" wrote:
    6. Base speed needs to increase from 113 to 160 (faster than every Jedi and 8th fastest overall)

I would go 140.. You don't want him going before your debuffer's and AOE you want him cleaning up pretty much.

"LRMoser;d-96798" wrote:
    7. Base health steal increase from 5% to 20%.

At least 20k ish HP and Protection 21k ish at gear 11.

I took him into Cantina 9b at max gear 11 and he got hit twice and died before anyone any of my super Sith even got a chance to go.. this is just after the opening screen.

"LRMoser;d-96798" wrote:
    The way I see Cad working as a lead is that he is one of the first characters to attack and uses Stun Glove and stunning the biggest threat/Jedi, if it is a Jedi he gains 100% TM off of this and attacks again then using his basic. Then he has a chance to double attack and gain another 100% TM. When he is attack he either dodges and gains TM or places a thermal detonator. This would make him a relentless attacker that would be required to be dealt with, especially for Jedi teams.

In a Phoenix setup Hera and Ezra Cad is the grim reaper. Already my Cad hits for +13k under a Boba lead and with call to assist from Ezra and Hera he would be just brutal.

I see him more of an opportunist like how the show (Clone Wars) had him in. Which is why I don't agree with the high 160 speed, MOD'ed with a speed primary and a lot of speed secondaries getting 260 speed would waste his awesome firepower on a tank (thinking Baze & Shoretrooper atm). He needs to get in when the Taunt is down or gets a similar feature like bounty hunter resolve that Boba has. (Not the revive part just the avoid Taunt feature) Having him as a toon that ignores mechanics like Taunt and Stealth would make him a brutal beast!

• What about this?

... slightly modified kit, new unique and a new Leader Ability...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cad Bane
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character Description:

High damage Attacker with a powerful stun and anti-Jedi bonuses.

Affiliations:

Dark Side, Bounty Hunter, Scoundrel, Attacker

Gun Slinger (BASIC)

Deal Physical Damage to target enemy with a 55% chance to attack again; raised to 100% against Jedi and Galactic Republic enemies. In addition, Cad Bane has a 50% chance to gain 10% Turn Meter and 10% Max Health with each attack.

Stun Glove (SPECIAL)

Deal unavoidable Physical Damage to target enemy and inflict Stun for 1 turn; dealing 10% more damage for each living Jedi enemy. Remove 50% Turn Meter; Jedi enemies lose double this amount. Cad Bane receives Turn Meter equal to the Turn Meter Removed

If the target enemy is above 25% Protection, Stun cannot be resisted

Jedi Hunter (UNIQUE)

Cad Bane has +15% Critical Chance and +20% Critical Damage; doubled against Jedi enemies. In addition, Cad Bane has +75% Health Steal against Galactic Republic and Jedi enemies.

Hunters Reflexes (UNIQUE)

Cad Bane has +9 Speed and +5% Evasion for each living enemy.

In addition, Cad Bane gains Stealth for 1 turn when Critically Hit by a Jedi or Galactic Republic enemy.

Band of Mercenaries (LEADER)

All Bounty Hunter and Scoundrel allies gain +25 Speed and +25% Offence

Whenever a Bounty Hunter or Scoundrel ally is Critically Hit, there is a 50% chance that the attacking enemy is inflicted with Ability Block for 1 Turn. In addition, whenever an enemy is inflicted with Ability Block, all Scoundrels and Bounty Hunters gain 10% Turn Meter and 5% Health.

Speed: 110
  • As my 3rd favorite bounty hunter, it sucks to see how bad he is. Terrible leader, slow, no dets, and minuscule health/protection.

Cad Bane has the distinction of probably the greatest gap between his cannon power level and in-game abilities(Mace is about the only character even close). The galaxies all-time second greatest bounty hunter(arguably best, he has a hell of a success rate for a bad guy) can't even make a 5 man squad and there's only 6 BHs!