Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Carbonite Han Solo Idea

Carbonite Han Solo

Light Side, Scoundrel, Rebel, Tank

Description: Mighty tank who causes heavy damage and can defeat an enemy at will

Rundown: CHS has good offense, defense, and protection however, where he really shines is his health. He has the highest health of any playable character without buffs or status effects. However, as one could imagine, he is the slowest character in the game, so he must rely on bonus turn meter from his allies. His unique also renders certain stats useless to him and gives him a unique detriment, meaning one must rely purely on his stats.He has an extremely powerful unique that ensures he will last a long time, and is a very threatening character, even in a 1v5 situation.

Basic: Hovertable bump
Animation: CHS lies on a hovertable and is rammed into a single enemy. He then returns to his side and magically stands up as the hovertable disappears.
Effect: Deal physical damage to target enemy. If no other allies are present, this deals damage to all enemies.
Notes:Upgrades before Omega increase damage. High damage for a basic. Nothing much

Special: Carbonite Crush
Animation: Warps in front of target enemy with his flat side facing them and slowly falls on top of them, looking similar to the way he falls over in ESB. He then warps back to his side.
Effect: Instantly defeat the target enemy (deal massive damage to characters with Fearsome Foe like Nihlus' Annihilate) and grant all other allies 20-100% turn meter if it hits.The defeated target cannot be revived (except for Nightsister Zombie). This ability is locked for the rest of the battle regardless if it hits. (ex. If used on Wave 1 of a TB, it cannot be used for the rest of Wave 1 or any other Wave in that mission, technically giving it infinite cooldown.)
Notes: Must be used wisely as this move can be evaded, rendering it useless. Using it when the target has evasion down is a good idea.

Unique: Hibernation
Effect: CHS cannot benefit from leader or other unique abilities. He is immune to all buffs, healing, health equalizing, protection gain, and all debuffs. He cannot evade, counter attack, bonus attack, critical hit, or be revived once defeated. He cannot contribute to health equalization (his health is not taken into account). He cannot use special abilites related to events. He cannot be counter attacked, stunned, have turn meter removed, be instantly defeated, be hit with percent health effects, take damage or bonus damage due to belonging to a faction (ex. Emperor Palpatine's Unique),or be debuffed by enemy leader abilities.
Notes: makes a lot of his stats useless, but he can have unique applications.

I apologize if he is a bit OP.
  • Love it. I had a similar idea just didn't come up with moves for him. I imagine he would be like kakuna was in Pokémon where all he could do was harden.
  • I like the idea of him being the toughest character (insane amount of protection) in the game and his basic ability just being able to consistently taunt!
    Every three turns or so he could use a special that would grant him 40% protection recovery or something
    And his unique would just be added protection for each ability level.
  • "Paladin033112;c-1422358" wrote:
    I like the idea of him being the toughest character (insane amount of protection) in the game and his basic ability just being able to consistently taunt!
    Every three turns or so he could use a special that would grant him 40% protection recovery or something
    And his unique would just be added protection for each ability level.

Good idea. I think leader abilities, buffs, and debuffs involve motivating allies and demoralising/debilitating enemies, which would explain the stat boosts/decreases. Han Solo can't exactly be motivated or demoralised while in carbonite, so that's why my version of his unique makes him immune to leader abilities. I also wanted to make a literal "stone wall" character. I also made it so that even though leader abilities don't affect him directly, characters can still gain buffs for him being a Rebel/Scoundrel/Light Side. The added protection unique is a good idea too.
  • "TheLightandDark1;c-1422257" wrote:
    Love it. I had a similar idea just didn't come up with moves for him. I imagine he would be like kakuna was in Pokémon where all he could do was harden.

Giggity.