Seasoned Newcomer
10 months ago

Changing Ops on Reva node?

What clown thought this was acceptable?

Send them to the unemployment line please
  • "Janus;d-267563" wrote:
    What clown thought this was acceptable?

Send them to the unemployment line please

It was announced ten days ago. I get that it was kind of short notice, but it was really plenty of time to make the adjustment. At least it's only one character in one platoon - and no chance you'll be caught out next TB.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/267408/update-12-6#latest
  • "Janus;c-2452720" wrote:
    Ten days is not adequate for an unaccelerated character.

Also a game mode that has been out for months. R7 is not a light investment. My useless R7 Luminara gonna get bumped next?

5th brother wasn't useless though - he's needed for the reva mission in that zone - kind of nice that CG finally listened to us on this and took him out of platoons.

How do you figure it's not enough time? Does no one in your guild have Chieftain at 7*? If literally no one farmed him then yeah, it's clearly not enough time, even for an accelerated character. At least that person that was filling that slot can do the Reva mission with a proper team now. One platoon won't break your shard count.
    MasterSeedy
    Seasoned Veteran
    The exact number is irrelevant, pirate absolutely costs way more shards due to added DPS and RNG than 1 incomplete squad

While this is true, if your guild is on discord these types of changes, originally announced only here, quickly get widely discussed. If your guild did not have a pirate, then your guild was getting 6/6 Ops finished.

I maintain that there is no guild getting 6/6 on Tatooine Ops that had zero Chieftans at g12 or above. In fact, I sincerely doubt that there were any guilds getting 6/6 on TatOps that had fewer than 4 Chieftans at g12.

The officers in your guild didn't get the message. Okay, that's bad for this ONE TB, but Chieftain is a good toon and you only need one of your players to take him to r7 -- this is not a sacrifice, even if it may cause them to deviate from their preferred upgrade path.

But here on out you have 6/6 on TatOps again AND you have that Inq squad intact for your last player.

This means that in your hypothetical case of 49/50 vs. 35/50 that was only true once. But now it's 49/50 vs 50/50 two times a month forever. In 7 months you broke even. In 8 months, you've turned a profit.

In the long run this is a good change for players. And Chieftain being required on Tatooine of all places is thematically appropriate. Add that to the fact that Chieftain is a good toon and with a good Chieftain and Warrior you can crush Conquest nodes and GCs that might otherwise be difficult (Ewoks and Imps become a breeze), and no one wasted anything.

Find a volunteer in your guild who understands the value of Tuskens and let them take TC to r7. They'll benefit, the guild will benefit in the long term, and eventually everyone will be happy.

Sorry you didn't notice this in time, but it's a good change.
  • Well given that they removed a toon needed for the Reva mission, and gave about a weeks notice I’d say they’re doing much better than usual.
    Forwynx
    Seasoned Newcomer

Also a game mode that has been out for months. R7 is not a light investment. My useless R7 Luminara gonna get bumped next?
    Forwynx
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "herd_nerfer;c-2452722" wrote:
    "Janus;c-2452720" wrote:

At least that person that was filling that slot can do the Reva mission with a proper team now. One platoon won't break your shard count.

49/50 is better than 35/50 because you got a pirate now lol
  • "Janus;c-2452724" wrote:
    "Janus;c-2452720" wrote:

At least that person that was filling that slot can do the Reva mission with a proper team now. One platoon won't break your shard count.

Your guild ALWAYS gets 49 shards? You're saying not having a single platoon filled cost you 14 shards? I feel like I'd have failed the mission more often than I have if that were the case. Like I've failed it twice - and only when I didn't stream - and we've never filled any platoons there.
    Forwynx
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "herd_nerfer;c-2452726" wrote:
    "Janus;c-2452724" wrote:
    "Janus;c-2452720" wrote:

Your guild ALWAYS gets 49 shards? You're saying not having a single platoon filled cost you 14 shards? I feel like I'd have failed the mission more often than I have if that were the case. Like I've failed it twice - and only when I didn't stream - and we've never filled any platoons there.

The exact number is irrelevant, pirate absolutely costs way more shards due to added DPS and RNG than 1 incomplete squad