Forum Discussion

harvestmouse1
New Spectator
3 years ago

CONGRATULATIONS (insert bad news here)

Log onto SWGOH.

See new event is available.

Click on it and........

CONGRATULATIONS! We don't want to give you even a few shards!

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought congratulations was a good thing.

What's the next mini event?

CONGRATULATIONS! Your furry chestnuts are eligible for a free whack with our whacking mallet!

No reason not to let us gain a few shards for working hard on these characters. No reason to give us a new event red roundy thingy, which doesn't exist for us. No reason to congratulate us on wasting our time.
    dmgutie
    New Spectator
    Whose turn is it to post this next month? And are we required to use the chestnuts metaphor?
    Nomad319
    New Spectator
    "harvestmouse;d-257145" wrote:
    CONGRATULATIONS! Your furry chestnuts are eligible for a free whack with our whacking mallet

I knew I should have never farmed the smooth option.

Now I’m stuck with ED for the next 3-4 months while I farm the furry version.
    Gavsta3
    Rising Novice
    I mean, it's a game... there's a game mode.... We'd like to play it.... but we're not allowed, nor are we allowed the rewards from the game mode.... so .... I guess because we're good players or spent money, we're not allowed to play the game mode or the rewards that come with it.... I mean... 20 character shards I the shard shop isn't much... so why!!??... ?‍♂️
  • It’s amazing that they spent all this time developing Proving Grounds, only to prohibit players (who spent real money or crystals to 7 star the Conquest characters) from playing it.

It’s not like a few shards once a month is going to break the economy. It’s excessively and needlessly frugal, and literally takes away content from players who may have spent real money.

Those players effectively paid the salaries of the devs who created the Proving Grounds - why not let us enjoy it and reap the rewards?

I’m very curious as to the rationale behind this. It doesn’t seem to be a well-thought out decision.
    Mohrg
    Seasoned Novice
    Rather than lock the event why not just have it give 0 shards, at least people can play it then?
    Also locking people out who are at 6* was particularly crappy, I need 20 shards for 7* RC and should be able to do the Exec event his month. Guess I'm waiting till they fix the event...
  • Even if I have the RC and CAT at 7 stars it would be something DIFFERENT for a change to try these proving ground battles. We have to suffer through the other event battles why not let us try something new? Is 150 shard shop currency really going to send the fragile economy spiraling out control?
  • Has there been any word about when and if the proving grounds will be accessible or do we have to wait another month. Or even better will $$CG$$ just send over the 20 Razor crest shards this time??