Forum Discussion

12 months ago

Conquest - Just Can't Anymore... :(

I loved Conquest so much when it first came out. It felt like it really could live up to the promise of giving a use to the huge collections of toons that so many of us have cultivated (I have 10M+ GP).

Then the craziness started...

"Win 40 battles with..." anything is just...boring, even if you have the correct characters. And requires immense organization and rigidity. It's not fun.

Same with "Win 14 battles..." within a single Sector. Or..."Kill 100 enemies with this specific character..."

Or asking for severely under-powered teams to compete here - Wookiees and Tuskens, I'm looking at you. I have R5 Tuskens and I can barely find a node that I can win with them, and it makes zero sense for me to develop them further so I can hit that feat - because once I do, the challenge will likely disappear anyway.

When I went through the latest list of the upcoming Conquest, I did the math, and even at 10M+ GP, I still wouldn't be able to get the Max Crate.

Awhile back when they were asking about making Conquest changes, and what would get us to spend the $30 on a pass - well, this is pretty much it. I have bought it in the past, but it's just not worth it if I *STILL* can't get the max rewards at this level. If it were more reasonable to get the achievements, I would have no problem buying it every time.

Even on the Conquests that somehow I am able to complete (I did okay during the Scythe era - only because they had NS Zombie or Enfys cheese which unfortunately disappeared) - it's still no fun at all to have to sit and basically make a spreadsheet of super rigid battles to complete. It's just not fun.

I justify spending money on this game because I do have fun - but I just can't bring myself to spend on something that is so totally un-fun and I'm not going to be able to complete to actually get my money's worth. If I still can't unlock the character even after spending $90 on the conquest pass, I might as well just wait anyway until I finish them later (at that point, it doesn't matter if it's one more conquest or three from when I finally unlock).

What I really would love to see would be some VARIETY and OPTIONS. And much, much more reasonable feats. Really, any more than 5 victories in specific Sectors, or 20 for Globals, is just way too much.

For variety, things like "Complete 5 Battles with only light side Attackers" or "Defeat 20 enemies with a basic ability..." - stuff that is doable and FUN to theory craft for.

I'm no Pollyanna - I get it, this is about us spending money and getting us to do refreshes, etc. - which is fine. I'm not some big whale, but if I look at what I've spent on this game over the past 7 years (which I don't want to, LOL) I am sure I've spent enough to buy a decent used car.

And that's fine - I don't mind paying for my entertainment, and I've sure gotten many hours out of this game. I don't mind buying a Conquest Pass monthly, or spending the crystals on refreshes. But I just can't justify buying a Conquest Pass going further when I'm just not having any fun AND there is no way for me to actually get the full benefit of it in most cases.

Please, CG - give us more options and choices, and let us have fun - this is an excellently designed piece of end-game PvE content, it could be (and at first was) so much fun and actually make us feel like our endless upgrades of endless toons has a purpose. The framework is awesome - but the rigidity of the requirements and the myopic use of our rosters just suck every bit of enjoyment out of it.