Forum Discussion

9 years ago

EA Cookie Analogy

I post this analogy over on reddit and because its already formatted there, heres the link.
Cookie Analogy <--- Click

• good analogy, totally true :(

same as shards, when you are working to gain shards, they are the most valuable things ever, we all scrounge onto every last shard, but once you have a character maxed out, their extra shards are less than worthless, but wait EA was kind enough to give us a way to spend them at 1/10 their value...but not on any chromium exclusive characters that people actually wanted to spend them on
  • And if you have Anakin 7*(then you should not buy the pack!) the 80 shards becomes worth 3.2 shards in the Shard Shop, 4% of the original value, fun business model, like to see a real boutique do that model.

But hey if it works, then why not doing it like this, a business thinks revenue, no matter if it's "Harry's shop" around the corner, or it's Google, Apple and EA
  • "Widget_gaget;194820" wrote:
    Anyone who buys the pack should know exactly what they are getting based on what characters they have unlocked. If they dont, it's their fault for not knowing the conversion for characters that are already unlocked. If you don't think it's a good value, don't buy it.

Theres no where in game that states that you will receive less shards if you already have a character unlocked. Its has only been provided by the players in the forums.
  • "jtveclipse12;194833" wrote:
    "Widget_gaget;194820" wrote:
    Anyone who buys the pack should know exactly what they are getting based on what characters they have unlocked. If they dont, it's their fault for not knowing the conversion for characters that are already unlocked. If you don't think it's a good value, don't buy it.

Theres no where in game that states that you will receive less shards if you already have a character unlocked. Its has only been provided by the players in the forums.

Yup

First time you'd know otherwise is when it happens to you
  • I'm not even being offered this pack in my card store. Is it because I bought the original Jedi bundle?
  • "Widget_gaget;194820" wrote:

As far as I remember it says nowhere that if you have Anakin unlocked , then the 80 shards will become 32, this is not common sense for a first time buyers, if they haven't experienced it before while getting chromium packs.
  • Regardless whether you should know or not, it's a ridiculous system. I personally have five characters waiting to unlock because I'm holding off *just in case* a pack miraculously gives me 80 shards instead of 37. Why do we need to play "chicken" like this?
    Oh by the way, C is for Cookie...That's good enough for me!
  • "Widget_gaget;195449" wrote:
    " @Ztyle ;194845" wrote:
    "Widget_gaget;194820" wrote:

As far as I remember it says nowhere that if you have Anakin unlocked , then the 80 shards will become 32, this is not common sense for a first time buyers, if they haven't experienced it before while getting chromium packs.

First time buyers will not have farmed 80 shards to get anakin unlocked because his nodes don't open until 5-b.

I think many new starters are most likely, going to do the same thing I did, buy the 8 pack, as crystals is coming fast, as you get lots achievements, there is a chance to get him there.
    Until I was level 60, I uses every crystal on 1xchromium, and I was in lvl 50+ before pulling a double