Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Embo: the Forgotten Bounty Hunter

So, maybe I missed it because it was in one of those Q&A vids or one of those game changer vids I don't care to watch because I would much prefer a transcript, but was there ever any mention of Embo coming as a playable character to SWGOH? I mean, he is already IN the game on some node (can't recall which one), and his move set looked awesome even when used against you. Seems rather off he's being left out of the Bounty Hunter rework.

Or is this just one of those things we have to wait and see/can't give out that information yet? Care to comment @CG_Carrie ?
  • The rework is only for Original Trilogy Bounty hunters... hence Zam and Cad being left out. Embo is clone wars era with them and will likely be released with a prequel bounty Hunter rework that would include jango and such (last part is my hypothesis)
  • "Ham_Solomi;c-1533149" wrote:
    The rework is only for Original Trilogy Bounty hunters... hence Zam and Cad being left out. Embo is clone wars era with them and will likely be released with a prequel bounty Hunter rework that would include jango and such (last part is my hypothesis)

If they are talking original trilogy BH, then they are missing 4-LOM and Zuckuss (both present on the bridge with Darth Vader).

But anyway, that's besides the point. Embo's character is already modeled...seems like it would be fairly easy to add him in some fashion. Unless they plan to include his dog as a sidekick with his character model.
  • "kalidor;c-1533204" wrote:
    I am not a game designer, but I would imagine the hard part of adding a new hero is maintaining the balance of the game, not the art. Make the hero to powerful and you could seriously upset the economy (raids, arena). Make it too weak and nobody wants it. So despite having the game art done, there may be other considerations at play here.

And really... who throws a hat? :)

@kalidor Bada$$es, that's who
    https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CleanHarmlessDove-size_restricted.gif
    braskme
    New Spectator
    I am not a game designer, but I would imagine the hard part of adding a new hero is maintaining the balance of the game, not the art. Make the hero to powerful and you could seriously upset the economy (raids, arena). Make it too weak and nobody wants it. So despite having the game art done, there may be other considerations at play here.

And really... who throws a hat? :)
  • Every character suggestion got the, "we cant say if/when x toon will come into the game"

Except porkins who got a straight up "no"