Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Emperor's Demise (Phoenix Squadron)

Apologies if it's been touched on today already, but I wanted to let everyone know Phoenix squadron worked well in the Emperor event. Really well.

I have Phoenix leveled to 85 in their entirety, and all modded to what most seem to consider 'meh' levels (5* defense mods, though very few have speed secondaries and when they do is the variety that appeared during the upgrade process). I also omega upgraded every unique, and the more important abilities. The actual team is:

Hera (L), gear 8
Sabine, gear 10
Kanan, gear 9
Ezra, gear 8
Zeb, gear 8

I had two tiers to complete, as I'd previously unlocked the Emperor without Wiggs. When the time came to farm Wedge, Thrawn was set to be released and I decided to go for Phoenix instead. It paid off. I really thought the battle was going to be much harder, based on the negative reviews I'd seen of Phoenix.

The first tier was a chuckle. Nobody lost more than a single bar of protection, despite everybody getting stunned immediately. The Emperor was fast, but ultimately was his own demise when he attacked Sabine with expose over his head. She countered.

The final tier started with Vader committing suicide via counters, and the emperor then stunning everyone. From there it went mostly like the previous tier. This time nobody fell below 3/4 protection aside from Kanan, who fell just below.

I was astonished by how well it worked, and figured I should share, if for no other reason than to let everyone know that this team can unlock both Thrawn and the Emperor at 7*.