Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Emperor's Shadow Guard fankit

Just wanted to add a little something to compliment the Empire lineup a bit and add another functional unit meant for Darth Vader and Lord Vader leads. I hope you enjoy the read and I earn your earnest feedback!

UNIT NAME: Shadow Guard

ALIGNMENT: Dark Side

CATEGORY: Support(INT), Empire, Unaligned Force User

Protective support who offers their Imperial leaders additional offensive prowess

Basic: PIERCING STRIKE
FINAL TEXT: Deal special damage to the target enemy and inflict tenacity down for 2 turns. If the target enemy already has tenacity down, inflict 2 Damage over Time effects for 2 turns.

Special: ROYAL DECREE (Cooldown 4)
FINAL TEXT: Shadow Guard dispels all debuffs on himself and the Empire ally in the leader slot. Then, call the target other ally to assist. If the target ally is Empire and in the leader slot, reduce their cooldowns by 2. All Empire tank allies gain Taunt for 1 turn which cannot be prevented.

This Ability starts on a cooldown.

Special: UNSEEN THREAT (Cooldown 3)
FINAL TEXT: Deal special damage to the target enemy and remove 20% Turnmeter. This Ability cannot be evaded and it the target enemy is Jedi or are inflicted with a debuff that can't be dispelled, inflict Healing Immunity for 2 turns which cannot be resisted.

Unique: EMPEROR'S BLADE
FINAL TEXT: (Zeta) This unit is immune to cooldown manipulation.

Once per turn, whenever Shadow Guard takes a turn, or each debuff on an enemy, he recovers 1% Health and Protection and the Empire ally in the leader slot gains 1% Offense (Stacking) until the end of the Encounter. Additionally, whenever the Empire ally in the leader slot or an ally Royal Guard use an ability during their turn, Shadow Guard is called to assist.

Whenever the Empire ally in the leader slot goes below 50% Health for the first time during each encounter, Shadow Guard takes a Bonus Turn.
  • Cooldown decrease by 2 is fine, especially since it starts on cooldown. Fix the conflicting cooldown manipulation thing and it’s a great kit.
  • I agree with @Sebek. The immunity to cooldown manipulation and the cooldown reset contradict each other. However, the rest of the kit is fine.