Forum Discussion

• "Wanabe;c-2228084" wrote:
    I’d like to offer a metaphor to outline why people find these events troubling. You’ve created rewards that we need to advance(slicing mats). You’ve gated them behind this event.

So we try to get these rewards. However, you’ve decide to change the criteria needed for them biweekly. You’ve also chosen to tie half of the events to characters that are paywalled.

It’s as if you’re riding on your customers backs while holding a carrot at the end of a stick and telling us to run for the carrot.

Except they are not paywalled. People are doing it without paying.

Anyone can make the choice to put resources into characters that will gain them rewards, yes those choices are not always simple or easy, but that is the goal, it makes the choices that make meaningful.

If you want the rewards make a plan to get them, if that plan or the rewards dont seem worth it, that is ok too, many are weighing those options each time the events come around.
  • "twstdbydsn;c-2227841" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2227751" wrote:
    "twstdbydsn;c-2227742" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2227058" wrote:
    "cboath7;c-2227053" wrote:
    "Ultra;c-2226714" wrote:
    "Shadroth;c-2226709" wrote:
    I agree, I’m just wingeing about the difficulty tuning ?‍♂️
    Typical forum post, complain about the lack of content and then winge when I can’t beat the content

The difficulty is fine

The difficulty I don't think is the issue. The issue, at least for a lot of people, is that if you have a 7 tier event, you do expect it to get harder as it goes, but you don't expect to be able to do 1-4 with your eyes closed and then have T5 curb stomp you with impunity. That's the case frequently.

If you have people expecting to get through it with a bunch of toons at 10K power each, then yeah, they're just delusional. But when you have 6 Jedi R3 or better, you shouldn't be getting routed at T5. Now, they may have a reason for this, I mean, I can think of one, but they don't explain themselves the vast majority of the time. If the whole point is so that most people can get through 1-4 (and get something for their effort) and then 5-7 are the equivalent of challenge tiers, so be it, but when you don't say that, it comes across as very poor design. I'd just say, when you stagger tiers, if you want people to invest more in it, you've got to give them a reason. Getting curb stomped in T5 doesn't make the vast majority of people say, "if i just make these guys better, i can get through". It flat out doesn't. It makes them say "screw this". I know people in the 5M+ GP range who say this, so it's clearly not because they don't have the rosters for it.

Considering you do not have to do it tier by teir, it comes across odd to call out bad design, when your doing it "not how it was designed" to be done.

I also dont see the need for any "smooth curve design", maybe you can clarify why it would need to be that way, or even should be?

It's a puzzle, not a GP or even gear check. Giving up because you dont want to do the puzzle, has nothing to do with GP. Not everyone likes this kind of element, fine, but more often than not in each GC, gear has not been a hard requirement, strategy and moding the right way with a few key toons seems to be working out.

You guys keep saying puzzle and its not. You give specific feats and then then we can't use a good part of the collection to even attempt them. The only puzzle piece that fits is $.

If this is your take on things then you seem to be missing the puzzle. Many getting either the 1st or second box with f2p toons/teams, take some time and look at those threads and examples.

If you think the only way is with $$, then you are trying to brute force things and/or dont want to spend any time (which is understandable, as not everyone has the time), but by no means does that mean you need to put $$ down to beat GCs.

That's great and all but needing a full squad of Mandos and Beskar Mando is by NO means a priority for me right now. And yeah if I wanted to brute force it I would spend $. I don't want to spend and I don't force it. But you can't really say that that this is a puzzle game when it's basically the same feats every other week. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't care about GC's even remotely enough to bother. So getting box 4 is where I'm at every other week. I appreciate you defending the game and the way to play but most of this new stuff is to appease krakens and day one players that have most at higher gears and R levels. I get that, but man is it a real kick in the pants when you want to get that next higher box and can't.

“I chose not to get the toons needed for the event, therefore something something $$$”

Hmm
  • "Gifafi;c-2228115" wrote:
    "twstdbydsn;c-2227841" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2227751" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2227058" wrote:
    "Ultra;c-2226714" wrote:
    Typical forum post, complain about the lack of content and then winge when I can’t beat the content

The difficulty is fine

The difficulty I don't think is the issue. The issue, at least for a lot of people, is that if you have a 7 tier event, you do expect it to get harder as it goes, but you don't expect to be able to do 1-4 with your eyes closed and then have T5 curb stomp you with impunity. That's the case frequently.

If you have people expecting to get through it with a bunch of toons at 10K power each, then yeah, they're just delusional. But when you have 6 Jedi R3 or better, you shouldn't be getting routed at T5. Now, they may have a reason for this, I mean, I can think of one, but they don't explain themselves the vast majority of the time. If the whole point is so that most people can get through 1-4 (and get something for their effort) and then 5-7 are the equivalent of challenge tiers, so be it, but when you don't say that, it comes across as very poor design. I'd just say, when you stagger tiers, if you want people to invest more in it, you've got to give them a reason. Getting curb stomped in T5 doesn't make the vast majority of people say, "if i just make these guys better, i can get through". It flat out doesn't. It makes them say "screw this". I know people in the 5M+ GP range who say this, so it's clearly not because they don't have the rosters for it.

Considering you do not have to do it tier by teir, it comes across odd to call out bad design, when your doing it "not how it was designed" to be done.

I also dont see the need for any "smooth curve design", maybe you can clarify why it would need to be that way, or even should be?

It's a puzzle, not a GP or even gear check. Giving up because you dont want to do the puzzle, has nothing to do with GP. Not everyone likes this kind of element, fine, but more often than not in each GC, gear has not been a hard requirement, strategy and moding the right way with a few key toons seems to be working out.

You guys keep saying puzzle and its not. You give specific feats and then then we can't use a good part of the collection to even attempt them. The only puzzle piece that fits is $.

If this is your take on things then you seem to be missing the puzzle. Many getting either the 1st or second box with f2p toons/teams, take some time and look at those threads and examples.

If you think the only way is with $$, then you are trying to brute force things and/or dont want to spend any time (which is understandable, as not everyone has the time), but by no means does that mean you need to put $$ down to beat GCs.

That's great and all but needing a full squad of Mandos and Beskar Mando is by NO means a priority for me right now. And yeah if I wanted to brute force it I would spend $. I don't want to spend and I don't force it. But you can't really say that that this is a puzzle game when it's basically the same feats every other week. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't care about GC's even remotely enough to bother. So getting box 4 is where I'm at every other week. I appreciate you defending the game and the way to play but most of this new stuff is to appease krakens and day one players that have most at higher gears and R levels. I get that, but man is it a real kick in the pants when you want to get that next higher box and can't.

“I chose not to get the toons needed for the event, therefore something something $$$”

Hmm

Yes, that is always the case, but Beskar Mando just came out and most of the other Mandolorians NO ONE needed or wanted before they started adding the 3 new ones. Thanks for over simplifying things buddy.
  • "twstdbydsn;c-2228145" wrote:
    "Gifafi;c-2228115" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2227751" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2227058" wrote:
    "Ultra;c-2226714" wrote:

The difficulty is fine

Hmm

Yes, that is always the case, but Beskar Mando just came out and most of the other Mandolorians NO ONE needed or wanted before they started adding the 3 new ones. Thanks for over simplifying things buddy.

Sabine, gar saxon and isc are not used anyway, rest are solid/required somewhere and 1 is usable at 3.
  • "TVF;c-2228153" wrote:
    "twstdbydsn;c-2228145" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2227751" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2227058" wrote:
    "Ultra;c-2226714" wrote:

The difficulty is fine

Hmm

Just came out?

I got him by doing a few node refreshes daily and putting on a very small amount of gear (like G8-G10). And then got the second best prize box this week despite the moaning about how unfair it is that there's two mando feats this time. In fact I only finished tier 2 of the full mando feat in order to get that box.

The Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) will come to the game on Thursday, December 16. So yes, just came out. Again, I get that some people farm others faster than others but what node are you farming him on if he's just in the journey guide?
  • "Phoenixeon;c-2228162" wrote:
    "twstdbydsn;c-2228145" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2227751" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2227058" wrote:
    "Ultra;c-2226714" wrote:

The difficulty is fine

Hmm

Sabine, gar saxon and isc are not used anyway, rest are solid/required somewhere and 1 is usable at 3.

yeah and I don't have beskar mando yet and I need to work on the armorer. So yes I need to work on those, but I have other priorities.