Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Event Stat Transparency

GC should state event stats of all permanent/regular events, i.e Proving Grounds, Journey Guides, Galactic Legend events, Raids, Territory Battles etc. As CG tries to make events challenging for stronger members, the middle and upcoming players seem to be left to fend for themselves against improbable if not near impossible odds.

My recent woes, as I'm sure many other players can relate to, is having just recently unlocked Proving Grounds. I've been able to 3* all battles,through some difficulty and RNG, except for the Tie Interceptor (facing Inquisitors). On my account I have 2 GLs(LV & SEE) plus the major teams along their requirement paths(Padme, GAS, BB, 501st, Empire). These are my best guesses as to the speed for the "Relic 3" Inquisitors, not including the event modifier. The approximate speed is 600+, my Rex with Shaak-Ti lead and 501st teams, hits about 401 speed after bonuses, best guess is that he lands at bout 2/3(~66%) TM at the start of the match. Based on information gathered from swgoh.gg Grand Inquisitor has a base speed for 186, with a speed set, 6 dot speed arrow, 5 perfect(5x 6 speed rolls, +1 for 6dot upgrade=31) speed secondaries, both lead speed bonuses and presuming no TM gain at the start of the battle, should only be able to obtain 417 speed, rounding to the nearest whole number(186+10%+32+155+10+15). The event speeds are unachievable to any player, setting the player at a significant disadvantage.

Seeing as this team consist of a tier 4 journey guide character, a RoTE TB character (I consider a Conquest level unit/lifter unit) that were advertised as a GL killer team, does not need a 200 speed boost on an event that comes approximately once a month(if the players are lucky), that only pays out 20 shards for a unit that this is now the only way to obtain this unit(assuming players weren't able to earn the shards during the conquest event). That is 17 months to unlock the unit, if you had the correct team, mods & strategy, to at minimum complete within 24 hours. The unit is tedious enough to unlock without having to make the event as difficult as it is.

After approximately 6 hours of attempting this battle(and much wailing and gnashing of teeth), moving mods around, changing teams, strategies etc; I admitted defeat. My guess of the closest actual relic levels is R7 or R8, seeing as most characters at R3 only get about 7-10k health, 1k offense(the dots have a higher kill chance than I do on the event)

I think the players deserve some transparency as to the stats of characters they are facing so they can realistically plan out their strategy, manage expectations, provide reasonable feedback, guides for new players and assist CG in providing balance to mid-tier/end game events. The current balance is questionable at best. Or if CG isn't willing to provide moderate/achievable stats by event units then at least force event units to have all special abilities on a minimum 1 turn cooldown as to give the up & coming players a fighting chance. The requirements of the 4 million gp account is already a significant gatekeeper but the Inquisitors add insult to injury for players.
  • Some transparency would be greatly appreciated and save people time and frustration pointlessly attempting events when theyre impossible.
    piatz1019
    Seasoned Novice
    "DarjeloSalas;c-2430875" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2430874" wrote:
    Which events are impossible?

Geonosis Ship Mission in RotE!

It won't be after 7/19 hopefully...