Forum Discussion

Eldorian80
New Spectator
11 months ago

Extra life goody

I got mine. It contained chewie shards… can someone get me up to speed what CG is sorry for?
  • Sure… but what went wrong? Chewie shards = i m sorry…

If your six year old makes you breakfast in bed out of the blue, better wear slippers on your way to the kitchen…
  • "Eldorian;c-2446874" wrote:
    Sure… but what went wrong? Chewie shards = i m sorry…

If your six year old makes you breakfast in bed out of the blue, better wear slippers on your way to the kitchen…

They usually give chewie shards in things like the anniversary inbox as well though, don't they? I think it's just a nod to the game's history and to veteran players - not necessarily just an apology gift.
    TrimleyGreen
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Way back in the dim mists of time when SWGoH was still very new (2015/2016?) - through a series of games events they gave users Clone Wars Chewie shards on several occasions

Eventually - they stated something along the lines of "you should now have enough shards to fully 7* Clone Wars Chewie"

However - they had miscounted by 3 - so gave 3 extra Clone Wars Chewie shards as an apology

Ever since then - CG has been using it as a running gag (yes for 6 or 7 years now) - so that (whenever they can) they give all players 3 more Clone Wars Chewie shards
  • "JakeGalaar;c-2446890" wrote:
    I’m more perplexed by the pack being 5 shards per toon instead of the 10 (and additional rewards) shown on the Extra Life page. Is this a different thank you gift?

yes. the one sended out now is the free one.
    The one you refering to is for people that donated atleast 25$ to Extra Life. its coming later this week
    theXrono
    Seasoned Traveler
    "JakeGalaar;c-2446890" wrote:
    I’m more perplexed by the pack being 5 shards per toon instead of the 10 (and additional rewards) shown on the Extra Life page. Is this a different thank you gift?

the 5 shards were sent to every player, the one for donating $25 will be sent out later I assume since we have until the end of Oct 31st to donate for it
  • "JakeGalaar;c-2446930" wrote:
    Could have been a general thank you for hitting the goal. Makes sense. In that case, I’ll patiently wait the other reward. The act of giving has far more purpose than the rewards.

Yeah. Though we can give money to charity in other ways.
  • "Tialishoma241;c-2446943" wrote:
    "JakeGalaar;c-2446930" wrote:
    Could have been a general thank you for hitting the goal. Makes sense. In that case, I’ll patiently wait the other reward. The act of giving has far more purpose than the rewards.

Yeah. Though we can give money to charity in other ways.

ok?