Forum Discussion

7 years ago

[Feature Request] Marquee battles now!

TLDR version

Marquee Battles!

-Players get Marquee Tokens from TW (one for a loss two for a win) and spend those tokens to unlock the Marquee battle of chosen character with two tiers
-Basic tier 5 shards
-Bonus (Mystic Hard) gives 10 shards.
players can only beat one not both per unlock.

Players can spend as many tokens as they want a day but can only battle events once ( I can’t save up tokens and get 50 shards for Visas in one day it has to be over weeks)

Events take place during the weekend after Territory Wars (and leading into TB weeks) Saturdays are Recent Lightside Characters, and Sunday is Recent Dark side characters
( might work better if Light side is the weekend before a Dark side TB and vice versa)

End TLDR

This event would be a great introduction as it still follows the path that P2A (pay to acquire) is the fastest way to get these new characters to 7* but it also acts as a happy medium giving the players that aren’t P2A a chance to choose who they want to focus on and gives them a chance to slowly farm these characters without having to wait for them to go through packs then shipments and finally a F2A ( farm to acquire) node. It also appeals to the players who have been with this game since the start as most of those players have the rosters to be able to defeat a mystic battle like bonus tier and get those 10 shards.

This game is starting to dive deeper and deeper into being more of a P2P game largely because of EA, but this would be a nice addition that proves me, and a lot of others wrong.

• 8 to 12 weeks? What fantasy land are you living in? Remember that Zombie and Spirit launched at Halloween. See them on any F2P nodes yet? Didn't think so. We're coming up on 5 months.... that's 20 weeks. The character release cadence is an empty promise.
  • So this would work like the talzin and wicket event that got everyone riled up? A 1 to 2 year farm? Nah I'll just wait the 8 to 12 weeks and farm them then
  • "Rockstar;c-1495629" wrote:
    8 to 12 weeks? What fantasy land are you living in? Remember that Zombie and Spirit launched at Halloween. See them on any F2P nodes yet? Didn't think so. We're coming up on 5 months.... that's 20 weeks. The character release cadence is an empty promise.

They were released on a different release candence.

I think.