Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Gear Exchange

Can we one day have a way to exchange gear that we have an excessive amount of for either other gear or store currency? Sitting on 2000 of some gear and it'd be nice to exchange it for something that we need or is more useful!
  • We now have people complaining that resources removed from raids are hard to come by. At the time of removing (and even still for some) we had too much. If they allowed say mk4 guns to be made into mk5 even at reasonable rate exchange it wouldnt be long to dry up stockpiles. then get complaints it's a bottleneck the next time a character or squad requires more than we expect. Or we have a abundance of mk8 implant and use them for exchange not knowing it's going to be a problem later.
  • An update to allow all of the aat gear to be used in the guild exchange would be nice.
    NotRealUltra
    Seasoned Newcomer

Good thing I have this Q & A on speed dial because it gets asked a lot
  • We likely wont - selling gear is big for CG. We should - because they keep force feeding us gear in quantities we can never use... we did 'earn it' and so it should be usable or sellable, or exchangeable.

My only hope is they'll make a 4 mil GP gear club - once you get 4mil gp - you can access it and exchange large gear quantities for the stuff that'll get your characters up over the g1-g10 range with more ease.

Nothing is worse then having played this game for 3+ years - getting a new toon..... and now having to do it all again from the begging with each one. Carbs and stun guns really shouldn't be a thing in 2019 for seasoned players.
  • "Slytihline;c-1763222" wrote:
    We now have people complaining that resources removed from raids are hard to come by. At the time of removing (and even still for some) we had too much. If they allowed say mk4 guns to be made into mk5 even at reasonable rate exchange it wouldnt be long to dry up stockpiles. then get complaints it's a bottleneck the next time a character or squad requires more than we expect. Or we have a abundance of mk8 implant and use them for exchange not knowing it's going to be a problem later.

The fact that some would complain because they made bad choices is not a good reason to not let us choose to use excesd gear for something.

If fear of complaints stopped them from giving us new stuff, we'd get nothing. Some will complain no matter whar they do.
  • "DarkHelmet1138;c-1763225" wrote:
    "Slytihline;c-1763222" wrote:
    We now have people complaining that resources removed from raids are hard to come by. At the time of removing (and even still for some) we had too much. If they allowed say mk4 guns to be made into mk5 even at reasonable rate exchange it wouldnt be long to dry up stockpiles. then get complaints it's a bottleneck the next time a character or squad requires more than we expect. Or we have a abundance of mk8 implant and use them for exchange not knowing it's going to be a problem later.

The fact that some would complain because they made bad choices is not a good reason to not let us choose to use excesd gear for something.

If fear of complaints stopped them from giving us new stuff, we'd get nothing. Some will complain no matter whar they do.

Except that’s the exact reason they got rid of the original gear exchange.
  • "DavieJG;c-1763390" wrote:
    An update to allow all of the aat gear to be used in the guild exchange would be nice.

It would absolutely be awesome if they did some kind of guild bank thing, like World of Warcraft's. They would need some kind of incentive though to restrict access to it for like 2 months for a new member. Then after a month you can get permission from a guild leader to request the item.
  • They're not gonna do anything cuz they're greedy but it would make sense to do something. I got 500+ mk4 carbanti when I need like 1k mk3s. Got 4k mk4 stun guns when I need mk5s. They say it's to promote gearing smartly but when they keep releasing legendaries that have been requiring higher gear levels, they haven't increased gear payouts to reflect the increase in gear requirements. The game has changed a lot in the past year alone and the gear needs to change too
    Edit: with TW and TB, etc, there are more avenues for gear but the boxes are random and I for one continue to get gear I don't need