Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Gideon data disk doesn’t work

Trying to beat mini boss on sector 1. Stuck like everyone else. Used my Gideon data disk and it does nothing
  • Have you tried using it on a different node to confirm? I haven't. But the mini boss appears to be just a port of the Crancor raid P1 without adjusting the mechanics, and you can't summon in raids. So that doesn't mean it's not working, if it's not working on a regular (non boss) node, then that would mean it's not working.
    Persimius
    Seasoned Traveler
    "KDC99X;c-2441537" wrote:
    Have you tried using it on a different node to confirm? I haven't. But the mini boss appears to be just a port of the Crancor raid P1 without adjusting the mechanics, and you can't summon in raids. So that doesn't mean it's not working, if it's not working on a regular (non boss) node, then that would mean it's not working.

It's almost like maybe they should put some descriptions on so people don't waste energy.
  • I totally agree with that. There's a lot of things CG should do which they don't, so we have to resort to helping each other navigate their negligence, hence my comment to provide context.

"StarSon;c-2441539" wrote:
    "KDC99X;c-2441537" wrote:
    Have you tried using it on a different node to confirm? I haven't. But the mini boss appears to be just a port of the Crancor raid P1 without adjusting the mechanics, and you can't summon in raids. So that doesn't mean it's not working, if it's not working on a regular (non boss) node, then that would mean it's not working.

It's almost like maybe they should put some descriptions on so people don't waste energy.

• I think you guys summed everything up pretty good. I forgot the raid mechanics. Only popped the data disk to help clear that node. Considering that the raid is obsolete and we have players in the game who never did the raid, it’s definitely an oversight on their part. I’m not entirely convinced that including the no summons in conquest is their intent, probably just an oversight after the copy paste of the raid
  • The disk works on other nodes, but not the sector 1 bosses as these are copy paste of the raids, which won't allow the summon. I used on jabba in sector 2 though
    nottenst
    Rising Traveler
    "JeffsBalding;d-266040" wrote:
    Trying to beat mini boss on sector 1. Stuck like everyone else. Used my Gideon data disk and it does nothing

That node probably does not allow summoning a toon.
  • Yeah, I would absolutely agree it's a pretty egregious oversight on their part. It's like they lifted it over without making any changes (or if anything, made it even harder).

In previous Conquests, they've done a good job porting in GLs or raid bosses, but toning down the mechanics. Remember how everyone freaked out about JML as the S1 boss a few Conquests ago? But one we got there, we realized it was toned down and not full strength, and very beatable. Same thing with Malicos, Rey, Rancor, in the last conquest. They were definitely not "full strength". So they know how to bring these things in and tune them to a reasonable difficulty level for us to still be able to progress and do the feats, which makes it pretty disappointing they would miss the mark this hard this time around.

"JeffsBalding;c-2441553" wrote:
    I think you guys summed everything up pretty good. I forgot the raid mechanics. Only popped the data disk to help clear that node. Considering that the raid is obsolete and we have players in the game who never did the raid, it’s definitely an oversight on their part. I’m not entirely convinced that including the no summons in conquest is their intent, probably just an oversight after the copy paste of the raid

nottenst
    Rising Traveler
    I don't know if they changed it with the fix, but the consumable explicitly says it does not work on the Sector 1 Rancor and Gam Boss nodes.