Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Grand Arena Frequency

Hello,

Could we have some information about the frequency of this event ?

I mean, this is a great idea, but so far, 2 oppenents, one was bugged, and the other one didn't even bother playing. So if this will by a once in a month thing, well, it seems a lot of effort for pretty much no fun.

Hope this is a weekly event, considering how little time is needed to play it, with basically 2 minutes to set defenses and like 20 minutes at most for the offenses, within 48 hours.

So far, the hype was equally high that it is low after testing it.
  • Given that the rewards are 6 dot materials, in a decent quantity I might add, I wouldn't hope for more than once a month.
    Persimius
    Seasoned Traveler
    "TVF;c-1718192" wrote:
    We don't have a clue what the cadence is right now.

Except that we know it's a week long thing, because they told us that part already. But that's the point of the thread "how often will this run?"

"3pourr2;c-1718208" wrote:
    "StarSon;c-1718081" wrote:
    "TVF;c-1717857" wrote:
    "StarSon;c-1717788" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-1717613" wrote:
    "StarSon;c-1717506" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-1717488" wrote:
    "StarSon;c-1717447" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-1716868" wrote:
    "VallejoMach;c-1716856" wrote:
    Once a month is often enough.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was twice a month, but I wouldn't expect it more than that.

I would actually expect it to just run all the time. They've talked about seasons, which would imply that they'll do 4-8 events in a row and call that a season, then take a week or two off.

However, we're still in the beta, so hard to say.

Each event takes 1 week. So they will be hard pressed to do 8 a month :wink:

Didn't say it had to be in a month. I think 2 months for a season is acceptable.

From what we heard, this will be between TWs, and may not run during TB, so they will not be running season like that, I dont believe.

But, to that point, at 1 week each you can't run them between TWs. But if they do TB > GA > TB > TW > Repeat... that sounds awful. It takes so little time, why not just run it all the time?

A week is a little period of time?

No, the actual time spent on GA is what takes so little time.

You haven't even done a real one yet. No one has.

"Kyno;c-1717869" wrote:
    "StarSon;c-1717788" wrote:

No, the actual time spent on GA is what takes so little time.

the full game mode involves 8 people completing all attacks. 3 separate times and setting defenses (at least once). the actual time spent doing that is a little longer than we have seen this time around.

a few guildmates had their opponent only attack in the last 2 hours of the attack phase.

I get that this isn't a "real" one. And I know that there will be 8 people in a real one. But it will literally be the same. Join period, defense phase, attack phase. It's just TW, so most people are just going to use TW defense. 5 minutes. Attack phase will take a little longer, but you're still really only looking at an additional 30 minutes of play time, at the max (for most players, some will agonize over everything).

And that last bit only just helps to prove my point, that it takes very little time to actually play this, so why not just have it running all the time?

Because they like to keep a tight grip on how much rewards we can earn to keep sales going.

Okay, scale the rewards (which we don't even know what they are yet) down to allow for continuously running. Otherwise they have to scale TB and TW up if they do what Kyno says they're doing. It's a new event, the total amount of rewards will increase somehow.
  • "Kyno;c-1716868" wrote:
    "VallejoMach;c-1716856" wrote:
    Once a month is often enough.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was twice a month, but I wouldn't expect it more than that.

Yeah has to be twice a month to maintain interest in doing it so every other Week.

Nothing holds interest except rare events on a monthly basis where people will start playing again just because event is back. They want u to continue playing if u stop less money to be made from whales on events.
  • They could run it weekly with no issues time wise. Just start the preview phase when the review phase of the last one ended.

Hopefully they don't decrease the frequency of tb or tw for this since that means less rewards we are already getting. And new content typically means new rarer rewards. After all hstr didn't mean haat and pit were run less often.

And it is not possible to fit a week long event into the day betwwen tw and tb. So I would guess since they don't typically make older content run less often that it'll run either with tw or tb every other week. Or if we're lucky every week.
  • "StarSon;c-1718215" wrote:
    "TVF;c-1718192" wrote:

Except that we know it's a week long thing, because they told us that part already. But that's the point of the thread "how often will this run?"

Except that in the follow up thread Crumb said future events "will most likely vary in structure in length."

Nobody knows anything right now. And it could be a one-week event the first time and then be completely changed next time. You can't take anything on faith here.
    Persimius
    Seasoned Traveler
    "TVF;c-1718268" wrote:
    "StarSon;c-1718215" wrote:
    "TVF;c-1718192" wrote:

Except that in the follow up thread Crumb said future events "will most likely vary in structure in length."

Nobody knows anything right now. And it could be a one-week event the first time and then be completely changed next time. You can't take anything on faith here.

I missed that update. Welp, I've just lost all interest in GA, and it's not even out yet. rip.
    Persimius
    Seasoned Traveler
    "TVF;c-1718284" wrote:
    Still doesn't mean anything. Nobody knows. Stop overreacting.

Not an overreaction. Hard to be excited for something where the only details we have are "1v1 TW; it might last a day, or maybe a month, we don't know... we also aren't going to tell you what the rewards are."

If we ever get actual information, maybe I'll gain interest again. Until then, it's a non entity.