Forum Discussion

gnyy4pdm5jjo
Seasoned Newcomer
11 days ago

Great Mothers shards - where are the 5 bonus shards??

So, there have been 5 bonus shards available in the web store for most, if not all, marquee character releases. But not for the Great Mothers? Please tell me this is just an oversight, and not (another) nickel and dime tactic to irritate the player base? I mean, I know the answer to that. But it’s just pathetic. 

• This is not the first time that CG has declined to offer the 5 shards to WebStore participants. The first time might have been Padawan Obi-Wan, but I don't remember for sure. 

The important part is to recognize that you can no longer count on those shards. They are as they were originally -- bonuses (when they appear at all), not expected and budgeted aspects of the shard economy. 

I, too, felt that was petty, but I got over it. That was special, this is normal. For anyone who wants to have fun playing this game over the long haul, you have to make peace with this kind of thing. 

• As a community I think we're just asking for some consistency.  Either give them out as an incentive to go further for every marquee character or don't do it at all.  I used crystals for 3 packs to elevate to the 4* battles but my packs only gave 5, 5, 7 so I just barely got there.  The extra pack would have softened the blow of the garbage RNG.  Thanks CG (/sarcasm)

EdSolo75
    Rising Rookie

I honestly don't remember with all these marquee events in the past few months, but did they give out free shards for Morgan, Night Trooper, Perida Trooper, etc.?  I wonder if change in how the marquees are run reflects the lack of free shards.

Range1974
    Seasoned Novice

Last time, they were in the store the next day.  Don’t panic yet. 

KarlG123
    Rising Newcomer

Yeah, the first time I actually signed in to get them....andnof course it isn't there

• But, but, but....it's and 'Elite Marquee'....that means you gotta earn that extra 5. Apparently. Cheezy and cheap on their part? sure....but you expected more?

There hasn't been a release schedule this hectic in years and then, they apologized for it back then and said they wouldn't do it again. Whoops on them again. Gungans are what? 4 months old? 4 gungans, 3 ahsoka troopers, 2 nightsisters, likely shin, and you know baylan will require one more toon if not two. I'm sure i'm missing some too. Too many, too fast.