Forum Discussion

• "Josh_K;c-1164274" wrote:

This basically. If everything was easy to obtain as f2p where would they make money from? P2P usually means you get it faster but it doesn't lock f2p out.

True, but on hard node seems to be a little bit over the top. I remember times where two hard nodes was a long time farm (compared to all older shipments).
  • "Jonsolo32;c-1164475" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-1164463" wrote:
    "Jonsolo32;c-1164439" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-1164421" wrote:
    "Jonsolo32;c-1164399" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-1164384" wrote:
    "Jonsolo32;c-1164377" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-1164360" wrote:
    "Jonsolo32;c-1164341" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-1164330" wrote:
    "Jonsolo32;c-1164319" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-1164303" wrote:
    "Jonsolo32;c-1164296" wrote:
    I have this to say.... if packs were at least reasonably priced they would get WAY more people buying into this game. (SO many other companies got this right it's sad)

Where are those games on the top grossing list? above or below, there are far more below then above this game. I'm not saying i dont agree about the pricing but they are doing something right.

League of leg nds, starcraft2, TF2, that's off the top of my head for starters.

you put this game in the same league as starcraft2? or really any PC game?

You asked for a game that has a successful business model with cheaper purchases.... here's some off the top of my head.

they have a completely different model and offer a completely different game experience. its just not a fair comparison.

Lol. Give it up. It's a free to play game model... enough said. Unless you're a EA fanboy....

no not at all. A game on a PC with the amount of content and variety that Starcraft2 and other PC games offer, of course they will pull in more money. this is a mobile game.

First... you can play this game on PC. Second... mobile game industry has a huge folLowing. WHat we're talking about is WORKING BUSINESS MODELS OF FTP GAMES.

Emulating a phone on your PC is not the same as developing a game to be played on a PC.

I play original Mario Bros. on my computer that doesn't make it a computer game.

but they are making a lot of money and they must know something. thats all.

Lol. Please look at my comments. Then talk to me. Or not... you comment in circles.

I just dont think they would make more money by reducing prices. some more people will buy and other just wont. In PC game market there are more spenders willing to invest. There are a base of players that will not invest in a phone game no matter how low the price.

That is my point.

My point is.... you're not entirely right. There are players called "dolphins " who've spent moderate amounts of money (I'm one) which would spend more if the prices came down.

That's why I said some. I agree they may get some more people to spend, but unlike a PC game there are people who have money but would just never spend it on a mobile game.